Areas Of Expertise:
Agile Project Governance, Agile Project Management, Benefit Management
Rob's passion is to enable people within organisations to work in a more agile fashion to assist their organisation in achieving strategic goals.
Rob has over 40 years of experience in project and change management specialising in highly innovative people-centric and agile models of project management and executive sponsorship. He is acknowledged as a thought leader in sponsorship and project management and highly-effective executive coach.
His pragmatic and transparent approach to project governance benefits realisation and agile project management has been adopted by NAB across all bank project portfolios. Elements of this approach have been adopted by CBA, Future Fund and other leading international organisations.
What Rob brings?
- Exceptional communication, teaching and relationship-building skills both at the executive and practitioner-level.
- Focused on the effective partnering and transfer of his models and tools to clients in order to create a sustainable client-driven outcome.
- An inspirational leader, with the ability to align diverse stakeholders and guide organisations and teams to success.
- Proven record of innovation and thought leadership in the areas of agile project governance, project management and benefits planning and realisation. He has written seven books published internationally.
- Bank of America
- Southern Company
- Wells-Fargo Bank
- Macquarie Bank
- Commonwealth Bank
- Development, training and support of the initial Project Management framework for the Australian Federal Government during the 1970s. This involved directly training over 800 project managers and many sponsors over all federal departments.
- Consulting and implementing a relationship and values-driven model of project management and sponsorship in many international organisations including Bank of America, Southern Company, AT&T, Wells-Fargo Bank, OOCL and eon (the second largest power company in the E.U.). His Australian clients have included Macquarie Bank, Commonwealth Bank, Westpac and many other leading Australian organisations.
- Elected as a Fellow of the Australian Computer Society in recognition of his education and advocacy for emphasising the central point that project management was really the management of creative people working to improve business value.
- Consulting Director on the first Tax Modernisation Program in the late 1980’s, working directly to the Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner of the ATO. This $1billion program successfully delivered innovative services such as Electronic Lodgement and Self-Assessment. More importantly, the first modernisation program was managed and delivered with ATO people with minimum external consultancies.
- Designed and governed with Michael Scott (CEO, MLC), Michael Watson (CEO, Transfield) and Sandy Hollway. A.O. (Program Director, Sydney Olympics) the implementation of the PMI award winning Master of Project Management for Sydney University.
- For the past 4 years, he has been consulting with the NAB Group as it implements his Agile approach to executive sponsorship, benefits realisation, project management and governance across a $1 billion p.a. project portfolio.
- He has written 5 books - People & Project Management, Third Wave Project Management and Radical Project Management were published by Prentice-Hall US. His latest books The Agile Project Manager’s Tool Kit and The Agile Sponsor will be available as eBooks on the Apple iTunes store this year.