Areas Of Expertise:
- Project Management
- PMO Management
- Governance & Assurance
- Financial Management
- Bachelor of Business; Swinburne University of Technology
- Certified Training and Assessor
About David Mansfield
David is an experienced PMO Manager who is passionate about utilising his extensive project management knowledge and experience to assist companies with capability uplift and governance. David has worked on a wide range of large-scale projects and programs across various industries, applying multiple project management and development methodologies, including P3O®, PMBoK, PRINCE2® and Agile Delivery.
What David brings
- Rigorous Analytical ability, process improvement skills.
- Extensive experience as a trainer, ensuring PMO and the program/project team are trained in all relevant processes and procedures.
- Strong Financial Management skills.
- Strong experience working closely with key stakeholders to identify the key delivery criteria.
- Coca-Cola Europacific Partners
- Virgin Australia
- Macquarie Bank
- Dept of Social Services (DSS)
- Downer EDI
- Bluescope Steel
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Bureau of Meteorology (BOM)
- City West Water
As Transformation PMO Lead at Coca-Cola Europacific Partners, David reported to the CIO and was responsible for financial reporting, cyber reporting and CIO reporting. He was also responsible for maintaining the Annual Business Planning list of projects in the Australian region’s portfolio of work. To facilitate the portfolio of projects, David assisted Project Managers/Business Partners mobilise projects and maintain and amend their budgets. To complete monthly financial reporting, David utilised SAP and tableau extracts to record the status of ‘actuals’, forecasts and current budgets for all active projects. David also generated Cyber reports, based on the raw data of the ‘phishing’ campaigns and associated cyber training statistics.
As EPMO Manager at CBUS, David was responsible for the uplift and implementation of project delivery governance, including a refreshed project delivery lifecycle, stage gates, delivery artefact standards and associated delivery assurance framework for the $30M program of work. As a superannuation trustee, it was important to ensure project/program delivery met all compliance requirements, including annual integrated reporting for the industry governance body. David’s delivery governance addressed traditional, agile and hybrid projects/programs and assisted CBUS introduce and embed alternate ‘ways of working’, as well as portfolio level analysis and reporting, which addressed portfolio health, financials, risks and dependencies.
As PMO Manager at Virgin Australia, David was involved in the PMO Uplift to support a Transformation program and the associated 6 year IT Portfolio of $260M worth of projects/programs. David was part of a team who reviewed and analysed the current IT PMO and Project Management environment, with the intent of identifying the priority areas for uplift. To assist in providing direction for the uplift activities, David documented key Principles and Business Rules which would shape the subsequent deliverables. He documented the current Governance Approach, as well as a PMO Handbook, PMO Core Processes and Tool Compliance Matrix which summarised the current state. To lead into the next phase of the uplift initiative, David also documented the priorities for process and artefact uplift, as well as the restructuring of the PM Portal Knowledge Management site.
As Scheduling Lead at Macquarie Bank, David was responsible for creating and maintaining the Master Schedule for the Capital Transformation program. Working with 10 Stream Leads and their Subject Matter Experts, David assisted them in translating their scope and planning efforts into a well structured and useful MS Project schedule. David also assisted in development and maintenance of the central PPM tool (PMO365), prepared a Roadmap for submission to APRA and JIRA Advanced Roadmaps. Crucial to the scheduling was the establishment and tracking of cross stream and external project dependencies. David also published Scheduling and Dependency Management process standards in Confluence pages and ensured those standards were met through regular Schedule Quality Health check reporting using a Seven Consulting reporting tool.
As PMO Manager at Aurecon working on the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), David was responsible for gaining security compliance for their IT Infrastructure and Applications for their Defence projects which earned $100M annually. David was the sole PMO resource for the program, which had a budget of $2M. David setup the governance for the 6 sub projects of the program, including the Steering Committees and Project Control Boards and established the project Finance Trackers which enabled the tracking and reporting of the baseline budget, forecast and actuals. As a result of the DISP Phase 1 Retrospective David undertook, he provided a program and project maturity assessment, leading to a Maturity Uplift Action Plan. David assisted the projects with resource management, including forecasting, recruitment and onboarding and facilitated issue and risk management, as well as all governance administration such as action tracking and dependency management.
As PMO Manager at DSS, David ran a 4-person team for both the Cashless Debit Card (CDC) project and the internal revenue generating Digital Transaction Intelligence project. The combined budget for the 2 projects was $750k. He established the PMO, it’s procedures and the roles of the PMO staff, including regular PMO Improvement Initiatives and maintaining a PMO Wiki in MS Teams. David managed the Program Budget, Forecasting and Project Resourcing, and executed the Delivery Governance, including training all the senior staff on the processes and procedures.
As PMO Manager at Downer EDI, David ran the PMO, a 6-person team, for both the Data Centre and Service Management Transformation program which had a budget of $4.5M. David ensured the delivery governance was being performed adequately, including overseeing deliverables registration, quality, and approval. He also managed the executive reporting, including overseeing the stream and program level reports and developed the Release Change Management processes, documented the training material and trained the project leads. David reviewed the program schedule regularly to ensure accuracy and quality, including verifying resourcing and associated budget implications.
As PMO Manager at Bluescope Steel (Bluescope Steel were working on a core systems replacement, deploying Microsoft Dynamics, which required a large scale program of IT development, inclusive of Agile delivery.) David was responsible for establishing a 6 person PMO, inclusive of PMO procedures, task assignments and Agile tracking and reporting of PMO progress. David assisted the program startup and created the governance and delivery methodology procedures, including program scheduling, resourcing, financial management and reporting. He also provided coaching, mentoring and support for the program team of more than 150 staff (vendor and client) during the requirements development, design, and deployment of the first modules. The program budget was $14.5M.
As PMO Manager at National Australia Bank (NAB), David assisted NAB in establishing the Enterprise Process Automation (Robotics) program within the Technology and Operations division. He instructed the stream leads and coordinated the development of the Program Schedule which was a MS Project master schedule and sub schedules, developed the resource management and demand management procedures, developed the project reporting standards, including integrating the Agile development reporting and developed and managed the $5M financial budget, forecast and funding submissions. David contributed to the development and deployment of the Robotics Delivery Lifecycle.
As PMO Manager at Bureau of Meteorology (BOM), David completed the analysis and development of the Portfolio, Programme, Project Management Maturity Assessment, using Axelos P3M3 assessment methodology of key portfolio, programme and project artefacts and information. He undertook stakeholder management including a series of structured interviews with key personnel and developed a maturity uplift action plan, which targeted BOM’s key areas of opportunity for improvement, including portfolio and program management, benefits management, governance and reporting. David also undertook key project health checks, inclusive of developing the process and procedure that BOM could continue to utilise and provided training to project staff so that they could undertake their own regular health checks.
As Senior Financial Analyst a NAB, David was responsible for undertaking a large scale program of work to align with the finance industry New Payments Platform changes. David delivered the multi-million dollar financial forecast within 5% of the funding for FY14/15 at $12.8m, including interviewing managers to determine requirements for each business unit/stream and completed regular financial forecasting, budgeting, procurement and financial funding. He also provided monthly analysis of actuals versus budget, whilst updating forecasts and undertook resource management analysis to addresses full time equivalent headcounts, trend analysis and month on month comparisons and associated dashboard reporting.
As Portfolio Manager at Bureau of Meteorology (BOM), David was responsible for the development and uplift of the Portfolio Management capability. He delivered the foundation for capability uplift and maturity in Portfolio Management and Benefits Management and delivered portfolio reporting to the Executive, which required the development of Portfolio, Programme and Project reporting processes and data definitions, so that information could be collected at the various levels, divisional and the enterprise. David developed the Benefits Management process, which included the definition of Benefits Classes and Key Performance Indicator structures and definition and developed the Initiative Pipeline and Resource Pipeline, which recorded all initiatives across BOM in a consistent and transparent manner, inclusive of those initiatives at the proposal stage.
As Project Scheduler at BHP, David was responsible for assisting with initiation of the new project, by applying the project methodology and assisting with the rapid project start up. He established the integrated project schedule, inclusive of alignment to the sub schedules and key milestone dates, through Work Breakdown Structure analysis workshops and undertook resource management and initial cost and resource forecasting. David established the governance meetings cycle and project registers, inclusive of the risk register and holding the initial risk management workshop and subsequent risks meetings.
As PMO Manager at City West Water, David ensured the PMO delivered according to the contracted PMO commitments and that program governance was being executed accurately and in a timely manner. He updated the project management processes and procedures, to ensure they reflected the customers’ unique requirements. And established and chaired the Change Control Board. He undertook regular Issues and Risks Management and managed the $10M budget and financials of the vendors and subcontractors. The program had 150 staff at its peak.
As PMO Manager at MLC, David was responsible for the management of the Program PMO which successfully supported Year 3, the final phase of delivery of the Insurance Resurgence transformation program. He developed and deployed an integrated Program Management Plan and established and maintained an integrated MS Project schedule to co-ordinate the 7 stream level schedules. David uplifted PMO capability and mentored staff whilst delivering the ongoing operational elements and re-defined the program’s team structure, the associated roles and responsibilities, as well as the definition of the Project Control Board and its associated governance. David managed the project financials with a budget of $5M, including budget requests and financial reports and was responsible for resource management and contractor management and ongoing lessons learned across the streams, including data gathering, analysis and preparation of the final program performance review.
As PMO Manager at TAC/WorkSafe, David was responsible for maturing the capability of the Programme Management Office (PMO) and enhance the IT Project Methodology for the IT Shared Services division. He established a Programme Governance Forum, which reviewed and endorsed all key IT funding decisions and integrated the IT Project Methodology and Corporate Project Management Frameworks. David implemented the resource management tool “b-smart” and aligned PRINCE2 and government standards for business cases and funding approvals, inclusive of Investment Logic Maps. David developed and deployed a health check process, inclusive of Stage Boundary Checklists, Project Reviews, Peer Reviews, Corrective Action reporting and overall portfolio health reporting to executives via Dashboard Reports.
Other Team Members
- Declan BoylanGeneral2020-01-15T02:30:38+11:00
- Gareth JamesGeneral2021-01-19T11:29:58+11:00
- Connie McKeageZeus Lara2021-03-09T10:14:51+11:00
- Hugh HarleyZeus Lara2020-04-01T04:18:49+11:00
- Michael BlomfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:26:26+11:00
- Temre GreenZeus Lara2022-11-23T10:52:41+11:00
- Mike StockleyZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:56:19+11:00
- Julie LaoitZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:10:59+11:00
- Rob ThomsettGeneral2023-01-31T17:26:36+11:00
- Louise FordGeneral2020-01-15T03:08:18+11:00
- Aaron SimonsenZeus Lara2022-08-30T11:02:06+11:00
- Akhilesh DasZeus Lara2022-11-08T10:09:51+11:00
- Alan AlehashemiZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:07:40+11:00
- Alex JahanZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:15:47+11:00
- Alex MassieGeneral2023-05-09T15:42:17+11:00
- Alexander RivkinZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:40:59+11:00
- Alexandra Marie TanZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:15:24+11:00
- Ali PahlavanGeneral2023-05-17T01:57:15+11:00
- Alisdair BrownZeus Lara2022-08-30T09:51:38+11:00
- Amanda WalkerZeus Lara2023-06-06T11:10:57+11:00
- Anders MadsenZeus Lara2022-08-02T17:55:11+11:00
- Andrew CheesmanZeus Lara2022-08-09T12:17:42+11:00
- Andrew ColeyZeus Lara2021-12-21T12:36:47+11:00
- Anish JoshiZeus Lara2023-04-04T15:04:09+11:00
- Ann Mica Mae LimZeus Lara2023-05-11T14:08:40+11:00
- Anna Linfield-KentZeus Lara2023-03-14T16:25:51+11:00
- Audrey TehZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:32+11:00
- Barbara ReadGeneral2023-04-27T09:42:19+11:00
- Benn SalierZeus Lara2021-07-06T13:45:00+11:00
- Bita BagheriGeneral2021-03-02T14:12:11+11:00
- Blake DahlenZeus Lara2023-02-23T09:47:16+11:00
- Callum DoddZeus Lara2022-11-23T11:00:39+11:00
- Caroline LeesZeus Lara2023-01-17T10:29:22+11:00
- Cathy BaldwinGeneral2021-01-19T16:55:52+11:00
- Chika NnadiekweZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:27:26+11:00
- Chris SykesGeneral2022-05-26T12:50:02+11:00
- Cliff BlakleyZeus Lara2023-05-11T13:52:16+11:00
- Dave RiderZeus Lara2022-02-04T01:57:49+11:00
- David JohnsonGeneral2022-06-01T10:43:16+11:00
- David MansfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:37:32+11:00
- Deanna EdwardsZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:46:04+11:00
- Derek OldhamZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:38:58+11:00
- Elise Kellond-KnightZeus Lara2019-07-04T22:47:54+11:00
- Ellen MisadorZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:30:57+11:00
- Eugene O’ConnellZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:14:36+11:00
- Francis AseronZeus Lara2023-02-24T09:56:24+11:00
- Fritzie LigeraldeZeus Lara2021-08-17T15:41:14+11:00
- Gilbert WongZeus Lara2022-05-25T12:27:00+11:00
- Guru SwaminathanGeneral2023-05-26T16:16:29+11:00
- Hardik LakhaniZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:33:18+11:00
- Hayley WeirZeus Lara2022-03-01T12:16:09+11:00
- Helen ArgitisZeus Lara2022-05-26T12:13:35+11:00
- Ian SalvadorZeus Lara2022-06-14T17:51:51+11:00
- Ian ThomsonZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:46:51+11:00
- Ibrahim DaniZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:33:59+11:00
- Igor VieiraZeus Lara2022-06-28T16:45:19+11:00
- Jerry CobbGeneral2022-06-28T15:49:32+11:00
- Joanna CarlosZeus Lara2022-02-15T17:48:05+11:00
- Jochebed DiazGeneral2022-11-16T12:53:12+11:00
- Johaimah GarridoZeus Lara2021-03-16T10:08:35+11:00
- John MiddlemistZeus Lara2021-07-21T12:11:54+11:00
- Jovilyn MagtotoZeus Lara2022-08-02T13:27:08+11:00
- Julia Nicole JustoZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:34+11:00
- Katherine WhitesideGeneral2022-11-30T17:42:36+11:00
- Kunal ParikhZeus Lara2022-01-25T11:49:10+11:00
- Lauren GrouseZeus Lara2023-06-06T11:56:05+11:00
- Louigi GardiolaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:31:20+11:00
- Louise WhiteGeneral2021-05-11T16:20:05+11:00
- Lousiene SamonteGeneral2022-08-30T14:27:05+11:00
- Maddison SchmidZeus Lara2023-05-11T09:35:43+11:00
- Mariam KohaniZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:57:04+11:00
- Marian Joyce MakalintalZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:51:17+11:00
- Marianne DinsayZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:42+11:00
- Mark McAdamGeneral2023-05-03T12:09:06+11:00
- Mark MillenZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:47:06+11:00
- Matthew KnightZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:48+11:00
- Melanie NorthropZeus Lara2023-01-31T17:06:41+11:00
- Melody FrampZeus Lara2023-05-09T16:20:00+11:00
- Melody TuazonZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:59:40+11:00
- Michael BryantGeneral2022-08-09T11:38:32+11:00
- Mohammad RamezaniGeneral2022-07-13T16:18:36+11:00
- Muhammad Sauood Ur RaufGeneral2022-08-30T14:20:48+11:00
- Nevil CopeGeneral2022-08-30T14:24:26+11:00
- Niall BurkeZeus Lara2022-10-11T13:16:07+11:00
- Nick RodwellZeus Lara2022-07-14T11:47:55+11:00
- Nicole HattenZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:18:26+11:00
- Ninia OrtileZeus Lara2022-10-11T14:26:40+11:00
- Pablo Andres Cordova BayaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:48:38+11:00
- Parastoo MousaviZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:24:00+11:00
- Paul BernardZeus Lara2022-02-04T02:19:40+11:00
- Paul KirschnerGeneral2022-02-04T02:26:06+11:00
- Peter BoylanGeneral2023-03-14T16:22:42+11:00
- Peter PhilpottGeneral2022-11-08T10:05:47+11:00
- Rahul KaushalZeus Lara2022-08-03T10:22:38+11:00
- Rajiv BoddupalliZeus Lara2022-12-13T09:44:21+11:00
- Robert CaminitiGeneral2020-10-07T04:02:43+11:00
- Robert CrossmanGeneral2022-03-08T14:18:21+11:00
- Rod ThomasZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:51:15+11:00
- Rohini VermaZeus Lara2021-04-13T12:23:02+11:00
- Rohit SatijaZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:27:58+11:00
- Roxane MontierroZeus Lara2020-12-15T06:30:55+11:00
- Sanjay NarayanZeus Lara2023-02-14T11:09:04+11:00
- Saurabh KundiZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:26:14+11:00
- Shiraan FernandoZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:07:49+11:00
- Shruthi SrinivasZeus Lara2023-02-07T09:53:04+11:00
- Sreekanth BadamZeus Lara2022-11-09T17:14:36+11:00
- Stephen CurtisZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:22:30+11:00
- Tameka YallopGeneral2022-03-08T16:41:26+11:00
- Tanvi MahajanZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:21:57+11:00
- Through ZhuZeus Lara2023-02-23T10:21:23+11:00
- Thuc Linh Nguyen PhanZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:47+11:00
- Tony CalusicZeus Lara2022-08-01T16:52:17+11:00
- Vanessa VellaGeneral2021-12-14T12:11:12+11:00
- Winona Astian ThianZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:19+11:00
- Yanmin ChenZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:40:11+11:00
- Zach BarnetbyZeus Lara2022-06-24T11:08:22+11:00