PMO Consultant (Master Scheduler)
Areas Of Expertise:
- Schedule Development & Tracking
- Dependencies Identification & Tracking
- Resource Planning
- Critical Path Analysis
- Risk & Issues Monitoring & Status Reporting
- Master in IT Management, Alzahra University, Tehran, Iran (2005-2008)
- Bachelor in Industrial Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran (1998-2003)
- Agile PM- DSDM, Foundation, Agile Consortium- 2018
- P3O Foundation, Axelos- 2019
- AgileShift, Axelos- 2019
- Jira Project Admin- Atlassian- 2020
- Scrum Fundamental Certified (SFC), SCRUMstudy-2020
- Scrum Master Certified (SMC), SCRUMstudy-2020
Parastoo is an experienced Master Scheduler with 8+ years’ experience within education, banking and financial services. She has provided PMO and Scheduling services for multiple large programs and is a versatile professional with diversified skills across PMO and Project Management. Parastoo is highly skilled in using MS Project and has significant experience in project and program planning.
What Parastoo brings
- A proven master scheduler with large multi project experience
- Experienced in facilitation of key meetings and workshops including schedule planning workshops and pipeline meetings for senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in creating program dashboard and status report templates
- Skills and experience in several PMO tools including MS Project.
- University of Technology Sydney
- Commonwealth Bank
- University of Sydney
As Implementation Manager at AMP, Parastoo supported the Command Centre through the final Dress Rehearsal and Production Cutover of AMP Life Insurance Separation Program for Day 1 (legal separation of funds with shared operations). She ran several workshops to validate interdependencies and developed an interdependencies map and high-level roadmap of activities to aid communication between the 22 streams involved in the cutover. Parastoo also used her scheduling experience to assist release managers in transferring their data into Master Runsheet in Microsoft Project. During the dress rehearsal and cutover she was responsible for the tracking of progress against the Master Runsheet and communication to key stakeholders via 6 hourly checkpoints with 2 other implementation managers over a 3 shift 24/7 period; as well as providing impact analysis of any slippages, milestone reports and status updates to the AMP governance committee.
As Master Scheduler and Resource Planner at UTS, Parastoo was responsible for creating portfolio and program capacity plans as well as master schedules for a portfolio of 40 – 60 projects. She ran a weekly pipeline meeting for senior stakeholders and program managers, maintained the master schedule and project status dashboards, analysed project variances and generated status reports.
As Master Scheduler at Commonwealth Bank, Parastoo created master schedules using CPM (4 major programs including 10 to 40 streams of work). She ran team interdependencies workshops, helped project managers to set up their schedules and health checked project managers’ schedules. Parastoo maintained master schedules by running weekly update meeting with project managers and generated status reports that highlighted schedule variances and risks. She also created and maintained milestone and deliverable reports.
As Program Scheduler at ABB, Parastoo set up workshop capacity planning, expedited the procurement items delivery, analysed schedule variances and prepared extension of time (EOT) reports for claims, maintained master schedules with Project Managers and generated status reports that highlighted schedule variances and risks. Parastoo also prepared indicative tender schedules.
As Master Scheduler & Resource Planner at University of Sydney, Parastoo was responsible for creating portfolio and program capacity plans and master schedules, as well as setting up cash flow and monitoring scope variation
As Program Scheduler at MIGT, Parastoo created and maintained master schedules. She also ran dependency management and generated status reports on a weekly basis including EVM report. Parastoo set up and documented PMBOK- Schedule, Resource and Cost Planning.