VHA IT Integration
Vodafone Group Plc is the world’s leading mobile telecommunications company, with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the United States through the Company’s subsidiary undertakings, joint ventures, associated undertakings and investments.
In Australia, Vodafone is operated by Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA), a 50:50 joint venture between Vodafone Group Plc and Hutchison 3G Australia.
As at 30 June 2011, there were 7.2 million VHA customers in Australia.
In June 2009, 3 and Vodafone Australia merged businesses through a 50:50 joint venture between Vodafone Group and Hutchison 3G Australia, operating under Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA).
As a result of this merger an integrated IT infrastructure was defined to support both the Vodafone and 3 products and brands. Integrating these systems was a key part of realising the synergy values of the merger between the two organisations, so VHA turned to Seven Consulting to manage the program.
Integrate the legacy Vodafone and Hutchison IT systems to;
- Eliminate duplicate systems (and associated costs)
- Ensure a robust and stable IT environment
- Provide a platform to support and cross-sell between Vodafone and “3” branded products
- Enable consolidation of IT support vendors to a single vendor for the integrated environments
- Update out-of-date systems to ensure ongoing reliability and maintainability
Whilst ensuring no impact on clients.
Seven Consulting Solution:
Seven Consulting managed an Enterprise IT integration team comprising VHA, contractor and vendor personnel to;
- Consolidate the legacy Vodafone and Hutchison head offices to new head office site and decommission the old sites
- Integrate the corporate desktop platforms to a new common email and SOE (Standard Operating Environment)
- Integrate the Call Centre platforms
- Integrate the retail store platform
As well, Seven Consulting established a Capacity Program across all applications and infrastructure to support VHA growth objectives.
All projects were completed on time, and within budget.
The new head office plus common desktop platform enabled rapid integration of the Vodafone and Hutchison management teams, and enabled a common way of working.
The integrated Call Centre and retail store platforms enabled VHA to provide an enhanced, common set of sales and service touchpoints to their Vodafone and “3” customers.