Areas Of Expertise:
- Project Healthcheck
- Programme Management
- Financial Services
- Core Banking
- Business Transformation
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) Engineering
- Incorporated Engineer (UK) – 1994
- Certified Project management Professional (PMP) –1996
- Certified Program Management Professional (PgMP) (1st in Asia Pacific and 70th in the world) – 2008
- SAFe 4 Certified Agilest – since 2018
About John Middlemist
John is a skilled PMO Director, originally joining Seven Consulting’s Sydney Practice in 2005, then spending 3 years overseas from 2018 to 2021 and now returned to Seven. He has over 20 years of experience in Programme/Project Management Consulting, in engineering, procurement and delivery with major global organisations. John has a successful track record of implementing many PMO’s for major programmes across three continents and various industries, providing the vision and strategy for successful delivery.
What John brings
- Over 20 years Management & Leadership experience with excellent communication skills.
- Experienced in the application of several project management software tools & methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry developments covering the domains of PMO Development, IT outsourcing and co-sourcing.
- Experienced in managing stakeholders across complex and multi-cultural environments.
- Colonial First State (CFS)
- Nordea Bank (Denmark)
- Macquarie Group
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- EDS (Australia, New Zealand and Canada)
- Telecom New Zealand
- Westpac Banking Corporation
- New Zealand Government
- UK Ministry of Defence
- Deloitte Consulting
- Canadian Department of Defense
- Unysis Defense Systems Canada
- Major Oil Companies (ExxonMobil, Shell, BP, Marathon, Chevron)
As PMO Director for Colonial First State separation from the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, John designed and implemented a new PMO Delivery Framework to serve the new entity in their transition and transformation programme. This involved simplifying the ways of working by reducing the complexity by 50% with a reduction in mandatory steps, artefacts and milestones and introducing a fit for purpose framework, process and guidelines for the new business.
As PMO Director for Nordea Bank’s Core Banking Programme, John implemented and led their large PMO. A large multiyear programme involving top tier IT providers (Temenos, Accenture, Cap Gemini and TCS), valued at approx. €800 over 5 years with 700+ FTE utilising a hybrid approach of blended agile/waterfall achieving 3 major releases per year. Leading a team of 18 FTE that covered all areas of the PMO including schedule, risk, issue, resource, financial, scope, reporting and governance management and leading and facilitating various governance committees.
As PMO Director for Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s HR & Payroll Replacement Programme, John implemented and led the PMO. This was a critical / complex programme that replaced PeopleSoft HR / Payroll with Workday and ADP. The programme was valued over $60m with approx. 150 FTE, integration to 60 other CBA systems and migration of over 40,000 employees HR data and pay.
As PMO Director for Macquarie Bank Core Banking Transformation Programme, John implemented and led the PMO. This was an initiative involving approx. 500 FTE to upgrade its Core Banking platform to support the banks strategic growth by investing in new capabilities and technology to improve client experience, innovative new products, increase speed to market and gain operational efficiency through a single platform. The Programme was valued in excess of $250m over 2 years with multiple vendors, including SAP, Accenture, Cuscal, and FIS. John led a team of 10 FTE that covered all areas of the PMO including schedule, risk, issue, resource, financial, scope, reporting and governance management. John also led and facilitated various governance committees.
As PMO Director for Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s Core Banking Modernisation programme, John implemented and led their large PMO. A large multiyear programme involving top tier IT providers (Accenture, SAP, IBM, HCL and TCS), valued at approx. $1.5B over 6 years with 1250+ FTE. Programme delivery has been reported as ‘world’s best practice’ by Gartner in June 2012 and assisted the Bank in improving is Customer Satisfaction Score from 65% (2006) to 85% (2013). Leading a team of 20 FTE that covered all areas of the PMO including schedule, risk, issue, resource, financial, scope, reporting and governance management. John was leading and facilitating various governance committees with attendance in monthly governance meetings with CEO (Sponsor) and Group Executives.
As PMO Director for Stockland, John implemented programme management processes, tools and EPO for the CIO of Stockland. This involved design, development and implementation of PMLC and SDLC processes and tools for entire IT division which resulted in providing a fit for purpose solution that resulted in improved project delivery.
As PMO Director for CBA, John was responsible for the implementation and leading the Consumer Lending Programme Management Office for the CBA. This was a very large Business Change Programme in CBA valued at over $300M. The Programme consisted of a portfolio of over 15 projects valued between $2M and $30M, which were delivered by EDS, IBM and the Bank.
As PMO Director for CBA, John implemented and managed the CBA NetBank Replacement PMO. The programme was valued in excess of $90M and consisted of 10 major IT and Change Management projects which were delivered by EDS, IBM, Siebel and CBA. Duration of program was 24 months with over 225 staff.
As PMO Director for EDS, John implemented and managed the EDS New Zealand Solution Centre PMO. Leading and mentoring PMO staff and establishing a culture that led to the Solution Centre achieving a CMM (SEI’s Capability Maturity Model) level 2 for project management-related KPIs. The Solution Centre had a workforce of approx. 700 people who provided consulting, application development and project/programme management services to major NZ Banking, Telecom and Government clients.
As PMO Director for EDS, John implemented and managed the Enterprise Program Office (EPO) for the EDS Telecom New Zealand outsourcing account. This was the largest information technology outsourcing programme in New Zealand history, valued in excess of $1.5B. Portfolio of projects exceeded more than 50 at any one time with an annual budget of $150M and total number of staff in excess of 700.
As Programme Control Manager for PwC, John implemented and managed the Programme Control department for the Accounting Systems Integrator (ASI) CAPITAL program. At its time, this was the largest systems integration and management of change programme in Europe, valued in excess of £150M. The ASI was a joint venture between PricewaterhouseCoopers and Deloitte Consulting, who were responsible for implementing Oracle Financials for the Ministry of Defence. Duration of program was 3 years with over 450 staff.
As PMO Manager for EDS, John implemented and managed the PMO for a major systems integration programme for EDS System House and the Department of National Defence (CFSSU – Canadian Forces Supply System Upgrade) valued at CND$150M. Duration of programme was 24 months with over 200 staff.
As Programme Master Scheduler for Unisys, John established the planning department for the systems integration phase of the NSA/NSH programme at Unisys Canada. This entailed delivery of 43 EH101 Helicopters for the Canadian Dept. of National Defense – Contract value CND$1.2B.
As Programme Controls Manager for Hibernia Oilfield GBS Utility Shaft Fabrication Contract valued at approx. CND$75M, John was responsible for all implementing and leading all project controls.
As Chief Planning Engineer for Canadian Frigate Programme, a joint venture between Unysis, Saint John Shipbuilding and MIL. John was responsible for overall planning that entailed the design, build and system integration of 12 Halifax class frigates for the Canadian Navy valued in excess of CND$5B.
As Senior Production Engineer, John was responsible for engineering activities for various offshore oil & gas development projects (ExxonMobil, Shell, BP, Marathon, and Chevron) in the North Sea.
Other Team Members
- Declan BoylanGeneral2020-01-15T02:30:38+11:00
- Gareth JamesGeneral2021-01-19T11:29:58+11:00
- Connie McKeageZeus Lara2021-03-09T10:14:51+11:00
- Hugh HarleyZeus Lara2020-04-01T04:18:49+11:00
- Michael BlomfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:26:26+11:00
- Temre GreenZeus Lara2022-11-23T10:52:41+11:00
- Mike StockleyZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:56:19+11:00
- Julie LaoitZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:10:59+11:00
- Rob ThomsettGeneral2023-01-31T17:26:36+11:00
- Louise FordGeneral2020-01-15T03:08:18+11:00
- Aaron SimonsenZeus Lara2022-08-30T11:02:06+11:00
- Akhilesh DasZeus Lara2022-11-08T10:09:51+11:00
- Alan AlehashemiZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:07:40+11:00
- Alex JahanZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:15:47+11:00
- Alex MassieGeneral2023-05-09T15:42:17+11:00
- Alexander RivkinZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:40:59+11:00
- Alexandra Marie TanZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:15:24+11:00
- Ali PahlavanGeneral2023-05-17T01:57:15+11:00
- Alisdair BrownZeus Lara2022-08-30T09:51:38+11:00
- Amanda WalkerZeus Lara2022-08-09T10:18:22+11:00
- Anders MadsenZeus Lara2022-08-02T17:55:11+11:00
- Andrew CheesmanZeus Lara2022-08-09T12:17:42+11:00
- Andrew ColeyZeus Lara2021-12-21T12:36:47+11:00
- Anish JoshiZeus Lara2023-04-04T15:04:09+11:00
- Ann Mica Mae LimZeus Lara2023-05-11T14:08:40+11:00
- Anna Linfield-KentZeus Lara2023-03-14T16:25:51+11:00
- Audrey TehZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:32+11:00
- Barbara ReadGeneral2023-04-27T09:42:19+11:00
- Benn SalierZeus Lara2021-07-06T13:45:00+11:00
- Bita BagheriGeneral2021-03-02T14:12:11+11:00
- Blake DahlenZeus Lara2023-02-23T09:47:16+11:00
- Callum DoddZeus Lara2022-11-23T11:00:39+11:00
- Caroline LeesZeus Lara2023-01-17T10:29:22+11:00
- Cathy BaldwinGeneral2021-01-19T16:55:52+11:00
- Chika NnadiekweZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:27:26+11:00
- Chris SykesGeneral2022-05-26T12:50:02+11:00
- Cliff BlakleyZeus Lara2023-05-11T13:52:16+11:00
- Dave RiderZeus Lara2022-02-04T01:57:49+11:00
- David JohnsonGeneral2022-06-01T10:43:16+11:00
- David MansfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:37:32+11:00
- Deanna EdwardsZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:46:04+11:00
- Derek OldhamZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:38:58+11:00
- Elise Kellond-KnightZeus Lara2019-07-04T22:47:54+11:00
- Ellen MisadorZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:30:57+11:00
- Eugene O’ConnellZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:14:36+11:00
- Francis AseronZeus Lara2023-02-24T09:56:24+11:00
- Fritzie LigeraldeZeus Lara2021-08-17T15:41:14+11:00
- Gilbert WongZeus Lara2022-05-25T12:27:00+11:00
- Guru SwaminathanGeneral2023-05-26T16:16:29+11:00
- Hardik LakhaniZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:33:18+11:00
- Hayley WeirZeus Lara2022-03-01T12:16:09+11:00
- Helen ArgitisZeus Lara2022-05-26T12:13:35+11:00
- Ian SalvadorZeus Lara2022-06-14T17:51:51+11:00
- Ian ThomsonZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:46:51+11:00
- Ibrahim DaniZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:33:59+11:00
- Igor VieiraZeus Lara2022-06-28T16:45:19+11:00
- Jerry CobbGeneral2022-06-28T15:49:32+11:00
- Joanna CarlosZeus Lara2022-02-15T17:48:05+11:00
- Jochebed DiazGeneral2022-11-16T12:53:12+11:00
- Johaimah GarridoZeus Lara2021-03-16T10:08:35+11:00
- John MiddlemistZeus Lara2021-07-21T12:11:54+11:00
- Jovilyn MagtotoZeus Lara2022-08-02T13:27:08+11:00
- Julia Nicole JustoZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:34+11:00
- Katherine WhitesideGeneral2022-11-30T17:42:36+11:00
- Kunal ParikhZeus Lara2022-01-25T11:49:10+11:00
- Louigi GardiolaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:31:20+11:00
- Louise WhiteGeneral2021-05-11T16:20:05+11:00
- Lousiene SamonteGeneral2022-08-30T14:27:05+11:00
- Maddison SchmidZeus Lara2023-05-11T09:35:43+11:00
- Mariam KohaniZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:57:04+11:00
- Marian Joyce MakalintalZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:51:17+11:00
- Marianne DinsayZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:42+11:00
- Mark McAdamGeneral2023-05-03T12:09:06+11:00
- Mark MillenZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:47:06+11:00
- Matthew KnightZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:48+11:00
- Melanie NorthropZeus Lara2023-01-31T17:06:41+11:00
- Melody FrampZeus Lara2023-05-09T16:20:00+11:00
- Melody TuazonZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:59:40+11:00
- Michael BryantGeneral2022-08-09T11:38:32+11:00
- Mohammad RamezaniGeneral2022-07-13T16:18:36+11:00
- Muhammad Sauood Ur RaufGeneral2022-08-30T14:20:48+11:00
- Nevil CopeGeneral2022-08-30T14:24:26+11:00
- Niall BurkeZeus Lara2022-10-11T13:16:07+11:00
- Nick RodwellZeus Lara2022-07-14T11:47:55+11:00
- Nicole HattenZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:18:26+11:00
- Ninia OrtileZeus Lara2022-10-11T14:26:40+11:00
- Pablo Andres Cordova BayaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:48:38+11:00
- Parastoo MousaviZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:24:00+11:00
- Paul BernardZeus Lara2022-02-04T02:19:40+11:00
- Paul KirschnerGeneral2022-02-04T02:26:06+11:00
- Peter BoylanGeneral2023-03-14T16:22:42+11:00
- Peter PhilpottGeneral2022-11-08T10:05:47+11:00
- Rahul KaushalZeus Lara2022-08-03T10:22:38+11:00
- Rajiv BoddupalliZeus Lara2022-12-13T09:44:21+11:00
- Robert CaminitiGeneral2020-10-07T04:02:43+11:00
- Robert CrossmanGeneral2022-03-08T14:18:21+11:00
- Rod ThomasZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:51:15+11:00
- Rohini VermaZeus Lara2021-04-13T12:23:02+11:00
- Rohit SatijaZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:27:58+11:00
- Roxane MontierroZeus Lara2020-12-15T06:30:55+11:00
- Sanjay NarayanZeus Lara2023-02-14T11:09:04+11:00
- Saurabh KundiZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:26:14+11:00
- Shiraan FernandoZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:07:49+11:00
- Shruthi SrinivasZeus Lara2023-02-07T09:53:04+11:00
- Sreekanth BadamZeus Lara2022-11-09T17:14:36+11:00
- Stephen CurtisZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:22:30+11:00
- Tameka YallopGeneral2022-03-08T16:41:26+11:00
- Tanvi MahajanZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:21:57+11:00
- Through ZhuZeus Lara2023-02-23T10:21:23+11:00
- Thuc Linh Nguyen PhanZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:47+11:00
- Tony CalusicZeus Lara2022-08-01T16:52:17+11:00
- Vanessa VellaGeneral2021-12-14T12:11:12+11:00
- Winona Astian ThianZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:19+11:00
- Yanmin ChenZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:40:11+11:00
- Zach BarnetbyZeus Lara2022-06-24T11:08:22+11:00