Areas Of Expertise
- Delivering large strategic programs to meet business outcomes
- Technology related IT skills, allowing greater drill down and understanding of tasks
- Extensive experience leading large teams of people (100+) both on and offshore
- Bachelor of Information Technology, University of Tasmania
- Certified Technical Architect, Accenture
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Commonwealth Bank Australia (CBA)
About Cathy Baldwin
Cathy is a skilled Program Manager, joining Seven Consulting’s Sydney practice in December 2015. She is delivery focused with a strong track record in large strategic IT project delivering to schedule, on budget and with desired business outcomes.
Cathy has a successful track record of delivering effectively under pressure, developed through the management of multiple deployments into live systems and solving highly visible issues successfully in reduced time frames.
What Cathy brings
- Cathy has a proven capability to rescue troubled programs and projects, bringing them back on schedule and focused on value added outcomes.
- Clear and concise communication style, which is effective in delivering to stakeholders, removing ambiguity & ensuring a common understanding.
- Proven ability of making rapid assessment of situational business challenges and applying people, service management and technology solutions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work effectively within rapidly changing projects, often under pressure.
As PMO Lead on the Compass Program at Invocare, Cathy successfully established a Project Management Office. This included Risks, Issues, Assumptions and Dependency (RAID) Management, Status Reporting and the Project Management Plan. Cathy also used her Program Management experience to assist in delivery of key sustainment sprints to help improve the overall quality of the Compass IT System.
As Program Manager for NAB, Cathy successfully developed and piloted the delivery strategy for the Controls Transformation Program. This delivery strategy included change management, training, compliance, release planning and support and was effectively used by all other streams of the program during roll out.
As Program Manager for Optus, Cathy was responsible for the overall delivery of the Contact Center Workforce Optimisation Program across Business, Change, Training, Testing and IT. Cathy also established the program management disciplines for Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependency (RAID) management.
As Program Manager for CBA, Cathy delivered the Access Management Stream for Program Aegis which entailed establishment & creation of release management capability creating a repeatable and robust process for subsequent releases.
As Delivery Release Manager for CBA, Cathy had responsibility for the delivery of the automation framework and release management on the replacement of the SAP core banking mainframes as part of the CBA’s Core Banking Modernisation program.
As Project Manager at CBA, Cathy successfully replaced four production mainframes running the SAP core banking system for CBA with zero unplanned downtime and only 15 minutes planned downtime. This was managed over several weekends and resulted in zero customer impacting incidents.
As Project Manager at CBA, Cathy was responsible for the creation and delivery of test management capability and subsequent testing procedural enhancements both onshore and offshore for CBA’s Core Banking Modernisation Program. This included the creation of end to end test strategy and key measurements for a large global team.
As Technical Architecture Project Manager at CBA Cathy managed a large team across all releases of the CBM program and all stages of the software development lifecycle. This included end to end responsibility for the design, delivery, and management of infrastructure for the program for up to 70 systems in 5 end to end environments across all releases and a budget of $130+M and a resource budget of $50M. Cathy also identified and made recommendations on correcting misaligned processes and addressing delivery gaps between Accenture, CBA, HP, and contractors.
As Technical Architecture Project Manager for Telstra, Cathy had responsibility for delivery of over 240 virtual machines to meet Customer Care and Billing Implementation (CCB) Program deadlines.
As Workstream Project Manager for Telstra, Cathy had end to end responsibility for the design and build of the testing systems including configuration management and test system support across the billing and CRM application