PMO Specialist (Scheduler/Planner)
Areas Of Expertise
- Certified SAFe 4.6 Agilist
- Bachelor of Engineering (Communication Engineering), RMIT
About Paul Low
Paul is a skilled PMO Consultant (Master Scheduler) and offers significant experience in developing and managing complex master schedules. He also brings experience in managing project financials, demand forecasting, and supporting Project Management Office service implementation.
Paul’s broad experience has allowed him to develop a number of key skills including, facilitating work stream planning workshops, supporting resource planning and forecast, maintaining a one page view on the progress of major program deliverables, supporting change control process, automating change requests, maintaining RASCI and deliverable approval registers, supporting document management standard and process, maintaining program asset registers, managing program events and supporting program management.
What Paul brings
- Extensive experience in project management office functions, processes, and tools including implementing PMO services and reporting on progress of all work streams and projects.
- Advanced Project Scheduling skills developed over 18 years performing the role of Master Scheduler, including establishing and maintaining the Program Master Schedule, Reporting Framework and Quality control of projects schedules.
- Coaching Project Managers & team members in effective use of Project Schedule templates, development, maintenance and procedures.
- Sound experience in risk & issue management, and project health checks.
- Tools expert – in-depth knowledge of using MS Project and Jira.
- Colonial First State (CFS)
- Macquarie Bank
- Origin Energy
- Australian Wheat Board (AWB)
- AGL Energy
- Alinta Asset Management
- Coles Myer
- Shell Australia
- Unisys (MSC)
- Victoria Department of Justice and Regulation
- City of Melbourne
- St Vincent Hospitals Australia
- NSW Rural Fire Services
As Master Scheduler at Colonial First State, Paul was engaged to create an integrated schedule for Future Wrap Transformation Program. Supporting project team, PMO and TPMO with quality progress update, critical path analysis and schedule health check to ensure quality forecast of milestones, deliverables, and resource loading.
As Master Scheduler at Cbus, Paul was engaged to support the Cbus Delivery and Government Review, and was later assigned to create/update the master schedule for Media Super transition program. This schedule included Cbus and Media Super merger tasks from legal, operations and administrations, systems enhancement and integration with external vendors.
As Master Scheduler at Macquarie Bank, Paul was engaged late in the testing phase of Fusion Program to create an integrated schedule to address gaps identified by PWC auditor. The schedule provides single source of truth to report progress, critical path analysis and support resource planning for Business Units, Technical Streams and external vendors. It supported 20 teams in 3 countries to a successful System Integration Test and User Acceptance Test.
As PMO Consultant at NAB, Paul worked with the HLEX Portfolio Team establishing Tribe Central services across the portfolio – supported PI planning and created the consolidated Jira boards for cycle time and portfolio roadmap reporting. He has also supported HLEX in the transition of home lending portfolio using Scaled Agile framework from the current pilot state to the future state.
As Program Scheduler at NAB on eCommerce ATO simplification (eASi) program, Paul developed the schedules for eContribution, MIX, MAAS and MATS with a combined budget of over $40m. This included the proper schedule structures, stage gates checklist, custom fields and views to support various PMO reporting requirements as well as being compliant with NAB Wealth Enterprise Release guidelines.
As Program Scheduler at Origin on a significant HR Transformation, Paul defined and developed governance structures to support the PMO and scheduling function on a critical $100M SAP program. This included change process, dependency management, project plan structure, earned value / schedule reporting requirements, schedule tracking processes and necessary templates.
As a program scheduler for Fonterra’s Project Catalyst, Paul developed and implemented PMO processes and tools to support the program management office and facilitate Project Managers in project reporting, risks and issues management, earned value analysis, resource loading and forecast, timesheets and project actuals tracking.
As program scheduler for Fonterra, Paul developed and maintained the Master and Sub schedules for a large enterprise wide SAP transformation program spanning across Australia & New Zealand. He also developed and implemented SharePoint workflows, executive reporting, and testing metrics to ensure governance on a high-profile initiative.
As program scheduler for Telstra’s Transition and Transformation Office, Paul created & maintained project schedules to manage the transition of network services for Tabcorp and Medibank. This incorporated a high degree of complexity through the existence of numerous internal and external dependencies. Paul had accountability for performing detailed analysis of scheduling processes and providing capability uplift services to senior stakeholders for complex programs with hard deadlines.
As a Technical Project Analyst at Coles, Paul integrated multiple project plans from infrastructure, procurement, automation, IT and operation plans into a single master schedule to facilitate critical path tracking & reporting. Maintained the project schedule progress including the production of internal and external client reports. Validated data and created project reports for all levels of management throughout the organisation.
As Project Specialist at Shell Australia, Paul was responsible for promoting and implementing Shell’s MAPS project management methodology for their newly created PMO. This required providing capability uplift services across all levels around scheduling concepts/ tools and governance processes. Also ensured overall consistency within program reporting.
As Master Scheduler at Linfox, Paul created and maintained the integrated schedules from multiple business units to support business transition of services and assets from Aurizon to Linfox. Developed project status report templates and schedule dashboard to support Steering Committee and Team Meeting update. Tracked and monitored the deployment of cut over activities.
As PMO Consultant at Unisys (MSC), Paul was responsible for maintaining schedules and coordinating project deliverables, issues and risks register, change request documents and program events for the GMPC consortium to implement the Malaysia Government Multiple-Purpose Card Pilot (RM 270 million). The chip and biometrics-based Malaysia National Identity Card (GMPC or MyKad) is now issued to all Malaysian citizens. It has successfully transformed many government services and improved the ease for Malaysians to conduct routine transactions with Government and private companies.
As Master Scheduler at Victoria Department of Justice and Regulation (DOJR), responsible for uplifting the department’s scheduling capability by providing schedule template, tool, standard and guidelines. Paul was later engaged by Victoria DOJR and City of Melbourne to turnaround the schedules for the Melbourne Protective Security Enhancement (MPSE) Program.
As Master Scheduler at City of Melbourne, responsible for creating the schedules for 6 sites of the Melbourne Protective Security Enhancement (MPSE) Program. Managing the dependency and critical path from multiple government agencies, vendors and external stakeholders. Driving the team to deliver the high priority zones by Dec 2019.
As Master Scheduler at St Vincent Hospital, Paul was responsible for quantifying the resource requirement and optimizing the resource pool for the Data Centre and End User Computing environments transformation projects, plus numerous extensive system remediation activities and BAU functions.
As PMO Consultant for NSW Rural Fire Services, Paul was engaged to create a schedule to optimize NSW RFS fleet production program, covering fleet allocation and funding approval, Fleet Design and Engineering, Construction Order, Procurement of Materials and Equipment, Final inspection and brigade handover process.
As PMO consultant for Avaloq, Paul was engaged to support the project team on a due diligence for platform replacement program, coordinating workshops and documenting gaps, issues and actions plan. Developed schedule to manage resource capacity and track progress of action items.
As Resource Planner at Alcatel-Lucent, Paul developed and had end to end ownership over the resource planning on their Titan Program. This included all aspects of forecasting, managing resource demand & timelines, and managing the critical paths to identify issues impacting delivery of the program. Also provided guidance and governance regarding future planning and quality of resource forecast / demand matrix.
Other Team Members
- Declan BoylanGeneral2020-01-15T02:30:38+11:00
- Gareth JamesGeneral2021-01-19T11:29:58+11:00
- Connie McKeageZeus Lara2021-03-09T10:14:51+11:00
- Hugh HarleyZeus Lara2020-04-01T04:18:49+11:00
- Michael BlomfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:26:26+11:00
- Temre GreenZeus Lara2022-11-23T10:52:41+11:00
- Mike StockleyZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:56:19+11:00
- Julie LaoitZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:10:59+11:00
- Rob ThomsettGeneral2023-01-31T17:26:36+11:00
- Louise FordGeneral2020-01-15T03:08:18+11:00
- Aaron SimonsenZeus Lara2022-08-30T11:02:06+11:00
- Akhilesh DasZeus Lara2022-11-08T10:09:51+11:00
- Alan AlehashemiZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:07:40+11:00
- Alex JahanZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:15:47+11:00
- Alex MassieGeneral2023-05-09T15:42:17+11:00
- Alexander RivkinZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:40:59+11:00
- Alexandra Marie TanZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:15:24+11:00
- Ali PahlavanGeneral2023-05-17T01:57:15+11:00
- Alisdair BrownZeus Lara2022-08-30T09:51:38+11:00
- Amanda WalkerZeus Lara2023-06-06T11:10:57+11:00
- Anders MadsenZeus Lara2022-08-02T17:55:11+11:00
- Andrew CheesmanZeus Lara2022-08-09T12:17:42+11:00
- Andrew ColeyZeus Lara2021-12-21T12:36:47+11:00
- Anish JoshiZeus Lara2023-04-04T15:04:09+11:00
- Ann Mica Mae LimZeus Lara2023-05-11T14:08:40+11:00
- Anna Linfield-KentZeus Lara2023-03-14T16:25:51+11:00
- Audrey TehZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:32+11:00
- Barbara ReadGeneral2023-04-27T09:42:19+11:00
- Benn SalierZeus Lara2021-07-06T13:45:00+11:00
- Bita BagheriGeneral2021-03-02T14:12:11+11:00
- Blake DahlenZeus Lara2023-02-23T09:47:16+11:00
- Callum DoddZeus Lara2022-11-23T11:00:39+11:00
- Caroline LeesZeus Lara2023-01-17T10:29:22+11:00
- Cathy BaldwinGeneral2021-01-19T16:55:52+11:00
- Chika NnadiekweZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:27:26+11:00
- Chris SykesGeneral2022-05-26T12:50:02+11:00
- Cliff BlakleyZeus Lara2023-05-11T13:52:16+11:00
- Dave RiderZeus Lara2022-02-04T01:57:49+11:00
- David JohnsonGeneral2022-06-01T10:43:16+11:00
- David MansfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:37:32+11:00
- Deanna EdwardsZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:46:04+11:00
- Derek OldhamZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:38:58+11:00
- Elise Kellond-KnightZeus Lara2019-07-04T22:47:54+11:00
- Ellen MisadorZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:30:57+11:00
- Eugene O’ConnellZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:14:36+11:00
- Francis AseronZeus Lara2023-02-24T09:56:24+11:00
- Fritzie LigeraldeZeus Lara2021-08-17T15:41:14+11:00
- Gilbert WongZeus Lara2022-05-25T12:27:00+11:00
- Guru SwaminathanGeneral2023-05-26T16:16:29+11:00
- Hardik LakhaniZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:33:18+11:00
- Hayley WeirZeus Lara2022-03-01T12:16:09+11:00
- Helen ArgitisZeus Lara2022-05-26T12:13:35+11:00
- Ian SalvadorZeus Lara2022-06-14T17:51:51+11:00
- Ian ThomsonZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:46:51+11:00
- Ibrahim DaniZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:33:59+11:00
- Igor VieiraZeus Lara2022-06-28T16:45:19+11:00
- Jerry CobbGeneral2022-06-28T15:49:32+11:00
- Joanna CarlosZeus Lara2022-02-15T17:48:05+11:00
- Jochebed DiazGeneral2022-11-16T12:53:12+11:00
- Johaimah GarridoZeus Lara2021-03-16T10:08:35+11:00
- John MiddlemistZeus Lara2021-07-21T12:11:54+11:00
- Jovilyn MagtotoZeus Lara2022-08-02T13:27:08+11:00
- Julia Nicole JustoZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:34+11:00
- Katherine WhitesideGeneral2022-11-30T17:42:36+11:00
- Kunal ParikhZeus Lara2022-01-25T11:49:10+11:00
- Lauren GrouseZeus Lara2023-06-06T11:56:05+11:00
- Louigi GardiolaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:31:20+11:00
- Louise WhiteGeneral2021-05-11T16:20:05+11:00
- Lousiene SamonteGeneral2022-08-30T14:27:05+11:00
- Maddison SchmidZeus Lara2023-05-11T09:35:43+11:00
- Mariam KohaniZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:57:04+11:00
- Marian Joyce MakalintalZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:51:17+11:00
- Marianne DinsayZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:42+11:00
- Mark McAdamGeneral2023-05-03T12:09:06+11:00
- Mark MillenZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:47:06+11:00
- Matthew KnightZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:48+11:00
- Melanie NorthropZeus Lara2023-01-31T17:06:41+11:00
- Melody FrampZeus Lara2023-05-09T16:20:00+11:00
- Melody TuazonZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:59:40+11:00
- Michael BryantGeneral2022-08-09T11:38:32+11:00
- Mohammad RamezaniGeneral2022-07-13T16:18:36+11:00
- Muhammad Sauood Ur RaufGeneral2022-08-30T14:20:48+11:00
- Nevil CopeGeneral2022-08-30T14:24:26+11:00
- Niall BurkeZeus Lara2022-10-11T13:16:07+11:00
- Nick RodwellZeus Lara2022-07-14T11:47:55+11:00
- Nicole HattenZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:18:26+11:00
- Ninia OrtileZeus Lara2022-10-11T14:26:40+11:00
- Pablo Andres Cordova BayaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:48:38+11:00
- Parastoo MousaviZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:24:00+11:00
- Paul BernardZeus Lara2022-02-04T02:19:40+11:00
- Paul KirschnerGeneral2022-02-04T02:26:06+11:00
- Peter BoylanGeneral2023-03-14T16:22:42+11:00
- Peter PhilpottGeneral2022-11-08T10:05:47+11:00
- Rahul KaushalZeus Lara2022-08-03T10:22:38+11:00
- Rajiv BoddupalliZeus Lara2022-12-13T09:44:21+11:00
- Robert CaminitiGeneral2020-10-07T04:02:43+11:00
- Robert CrossmanGeneral2022-03-08T14:18:21+11:00
- Rod ThomasZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:51:15+11:00
- Rohini VermaZeus Lara2021-04-13T12:23:02+11:00
- Rohit SatijaZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:27:58+11:00
- Roxane MontierroZeus Lara2020-12-15T06:30:55+11:00
- Sanjay NarayanZeus Lara2023-02-14T11:09:04+11:00
- Saurabh KundiZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:26:14+11:00
- Shiraan FernandoZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:07:49+11:00
- Shruthi SrinivasZeus Lara2023-02-07T09:53:04+11:00
- Sreekanth BadamZeus Lara2022-11-09T17:14:36+11:00
- Stephen CurtisZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:22:30+11:00
- Tameka YallopGeneral2022-03-08T16:41:26+11:00
- Tanvi MahajanZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:21:57+11:00
- Through ZhuZeus Lara2023-02-23T10:21:23+11:00
- Thuc Linh Nguyen PhanZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:47+11:00
- Tony CalusicZeus Lara2022-08-01T16:52:17+11:00
- Vanessa VellaGeneral2021-12-14T12:11:12+11:00
- Winona Astian ThianZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:19+11:00
- Yanmin ChenZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:40:11+11:00
- Zach BarnetbyZeus Lara2022-06-24T11:08:22+11:00