Areas Of Expertise
- Extensive experience leading IT and Business focused Programs using waterfall, hybrid and agile processes
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) – since 2005
- SAFe SPC 4.5 (2017) Certified
About David Johnson
David is an experienced Program Director, joining Seven Consulting’s Sydney practice in 2009. He has a proven track record in managing large and complex Business and IT projects to schedule, quality and cost. David has successfully managed whole systems replacement and outsourcing projects using all project methodologies.
He has over 35 years’ experience in managing change in both Federal and State Government organisations together with some of Australia’s largest finance institutions.
What David brings
- Extensive Management experience at whole system replacement and integration.
- Strong and total focus on achieving the key goals of any project.
- Demonstrated ability establishing strong relationships between Clients and Suppliers.
- Extensive problem solving and analytical skills.
- Total end to end understanding of Banking Products, their use and system interaction.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large numbers of staff in an operational production role.
- Strong design and development background delivering enhanced value to clients.
- NBN Co Limited
- Macquarie Bank
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Hewlett Packard
- EDS Australia
- Colonial Services
- Colonial State Bank
- State Bank
As Program Director at NBN Co, Reporting to the CFO and his senior leadership team David managed the Finance response to an amended way of working resulting from the implementation of a new workflow and payment system needed to satisfy the terms of a new significant Build and Service contract. The focus was risk and issue management with a responsibility of driving a resolution.
As Program Director at NBN Co Limited, David ran an Agile Release Train (ART) tasked with delivering a key Finance Program with scope aimed at enabling data accuracy, controls, and assurance across payments at scale. As well as delivery responsibilities the role included lead accountability for synchronizing the Agile Release Train (ART) outcomes into the Corporate Project Management Office Function.
As Program Lead for NBN Co Limited, David ran an Initiative that was tasked with recovering a failing Project by creating a re-plan and approach together with securing funding to deliver the remainder of the program scope via an Agile Release Train (ART) based on the SAFe methodology of delivery.
As Capability Lead for Macquarie Bank, David led the Project that established and deployed an end to end Payments Solution focusing on integration with a SAP Product offering to provide Mortgage functionality.
As overall Release Lead for Macquarie Bank, David had responsibility for a Core Banking Transformation Program aimed at delivery of Retail Home Loan capability on SAP. Accountability was across 8 workstreams delivering both Business and Technically focused outcomes.
As Program Manager for the Commonwealth Bank, David had responsibility for the Technology approach, plan and estimate for the Project tasked with refactoring the Banks Payments Landscape (both software and infrastructure).
As Program Manager for the Commonwealth Bank, David led the team in the creation of an end-to-end solution for staff assisted payments in a major Australian Bank. A 30 month Program focused on implementing a new technology stream across a development and testing team of more than 200 staff located in 2 countries.
As Program Manager for the Commonwealth Bank, David managed the team that had responsibility for the integration of a Business Channel portal through a Payments Hub to SAP. This was an 18 month Project with responsibilities for over 70 development and testing staff across multiple suppliers that satisfied its performance and quality stretch targets.
As Deployment Lead for the Commonwealth Bank, David as part of the Core Banking Modernisation Project led the successful implementation of 8 releases covering 80 different systems over a 12 month period. The key focus was the implementation and integration of SAP Software and related Infrastructure that culminated in the migration of over 10 million accounts.
As IT Program Manager for Hewlett Packard, David led the team with responsibility for the creation of a Debit Card solution for a major Australian Bank, responsible for 8 Project Managers and 85 development staff across three countries. Program was delivered successfully to a compressed ambitious schedule under budget and satisfying all quality objectives.
As System Lead for EDS, David successfully project managed quarterly releases to a large and complex Banking system that processed more than 10 million transactions daily for more than 5 million accounts. These projects were full development lifecycle and involved managing work across three time zones for this critical system.
As Program Manager for EDS, David over a period of 18 months managed the On Line Interface Work stream across three countries as part of the Cards Processing capability establishment in the Asia Pacific Region. The work stream achieved all budget, quality and time obligations.
As Program Manager for EDS, David project managed a System Development Project that was included in the successful Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 accreditation Audit and review.
As a member of the Senior Management Team for Colonial Services, David coordinated the integration of all Trust Bank of Tasmania Banking systems into the Colonial Group Systems.
As Program Manager for Colonial State Bank, David managed the Liabilities Portfolio for the Imax Project. The project aim was to replace and outsource all Colonial Banking Systems. The role was management of the Bank and external IT Teams charged with moving all the Bank’s savings, cheque, overdraft and term accounts to their new target system managed by an external provider.
As Program Manager for State Bank NSW, David project managed the creation of a centralised Loan Document Centre. At the completion of this successful project he was then appointed Senior Manager of the centre with responsibilities for 300 staff working three shifts over seven days a week.
Other Team Members
- Declan BoylanGeneral2020-01-15T02:30:38+11:00
- Gareth JamesGeneral2021-01-19T11:29:58+11:00
- Connie McKeageZeus Lara2021-03-09T10:14:51+11:00
- Hugh HarleyZeus Lara2020-04-01T04:18:49+11:00
- Michael BlomfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:26:26+11:00
- Temre GreenZeus Lara2022-11-23T10:52:41+11:00
- Mike StockleyZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:56:19+11:00
- Julie LaoitZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:10:59+11:00
- Rob ThomsettGeneral2023-01-31T17:26:36+11:00
- Louise FordGeneral2020-01-15T03:08:18+11:00
- Aaron SimonsenZeus Lara2022-08-30T11:02:06+11:00
- Akhilesh DasZeus Lara2022-11-08T10:09:51+11:00
- Alan AlehashemiZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:07:40+11:00
- Alex JahanZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:15:47+11:00
- Alex MassieGeneral2023-05-09T15:42:17+11:00
- Alexander RivkinZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:40:59+11:00
- Alexandra Marie TanZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:15:24+11:00
- Ali PahlavanGeneral2023-05-17T01:57:15+11:00
- Alisdair BrownZeus Lara2022-08-30T09:51:38+11:00
- Amanda WalkerZeus Lara2023-06-06T11:10:57+11:00
- Anders MadsenZeus Lara2022-08-02T17:55:11+11:00
- Andrew CheesmanZeus Lara2022-08-09T12:17:42+11:00
- Andrew ColeyZeus Lara2021-12-21T12:36:47+11:00
- Anish JoshiZeus Lara2023-04-04T15:04:09+11:00
- Ann Mica Mae LimZeus Lara2023-05-11T14:08:40+11:00
- Anna Linfield-KentZeus Lara2023-03-14T16:25:51+11:00
- Audrey TehZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:32+11:00
- Barbara ReadGeneral2023-04-27T09:42:19+11:00
- Benn SalierZeus Lara2021-07-06T13:45:00+11:00
- Bita BagheriGeneral2021-03-02T14:12:11+11:00
- Blake DahlenZeus Lara2023-02-23T09:47:16+11:00
- Callum DoddZeus Lara2022-11-23T11:00:39+11:00
- Caroline LeesZeus Lara2023-01-17T10:29:22+11:00
- Cathy BaldwinGeneral2021-01-19T16:55:52+11:00
- Chika NnadiekweZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:27:26+11:00
- Chris SykesGeneral2022-05-26T12:50:02+11:00
- Cliff BlakleyZeus Lara2023-05-11T13:52:16+11:00
- Dave RiderZeus Lara2022-02-04T01:57:49+11:00
- David JohnsonGeneral2022-06-01T10:43:16+11:00
- David MansfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:37:32+11:00
- Deanna EdwardsZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:46:04+11:00
- Derek OldhamZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:38:58+11:00
- Elise Kellond-KnightZeus Lara2019-07-04T22:47:54+11:00
- Ellen MisadorZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:30:57+11:00
- Eugene O’ConnellZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:14:36+11:00
- Francis AseronZeus Lara2023-02-24T09:56:24+11:00
- Fritzie LigeraldeZeus Lara2021-08-17T15:41:14+11:00
- Gilbert WongZeus Lara2022-05-25T12:27:00+11:00
- Guru SwaminathanGeneral2023-05-26T16:16:29+11:00
- Hardik LakhaniZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:33:18+11:00
- Hayley WeirZeus Lara2022-03-01T12:16:09+11:00
- Helen ArgitisZeus Lara2022-05-26T12:13:35+11:00
- Ian SalvadorZeus Lara2022-06-14T17:51:51+11:00
- Ian ThomsonZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:46:51+11:00
- Ibrahim DaniZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:33:59+11:00
- Igor VieiraZeus Lara2022-06-28T16:45:19+11:00
- Jerry CobbGeneral2022-06-28T15:49:32+11:00
- Joanna CarlosZeus Lara2022-02-15T17:48:05+11:00
- Jochebed DiazGeneral2022-11-16T12:53:12+11:00
- Johaimah GarridoZeus Lara2021-03-16T10:08:35+11:00
- John MiddlemistZeus Lara2021-07-21T12:11:54+11:00
- Jovilyn MagtotoZeus Lara2022-08-02T13:27:08+11:00
- Julia Nicole JustoZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:34+11:00
- Katherine WhitesideGeneral2022-11-30T17:42:36+11:00
- Kunal ParikhZeus Lara2022-01-25T11:49:10+11:00
- Lauren GrouseZeus Lara2023-06-06T11:56:05+11:00
- Louigi GardiolaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:31:20+11:00
- Louise WhiteGeneral2021-05-11T16:20:05+11:00
- Lousiene SamonteGeneral2022-08-30T14:27:05+11:00
- Maddison SchmidZeus Lara2023-05-11T09:35:43+11:00
- Mariam KohaniZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:57:04+11:00
- Marian Joyce MakalintalZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:51:17+11:00
- Marianne DinsayZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:42+11:00
- Mark McAdamGeneral2023-05-03T12:09:06+11:00
- Mark MillenZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:47:06+11:00
- Matthew KnightZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:48+11:00
- Melanie NorthropZeus Lara2023-01-31T17:06:41+11:00
- Melody FrampZeus Lara2023-05-09T16:20:00+11:00
- Melody TuazonZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:59:40+11:00
- Michael BryantGeneral2022-08-09T11:38:32+11:00
- Mohammad RamezaniGeneral2022-07-13T16:18:36+11:00
- Muhammad Sauood Ur RaufGeneral2022-08-30T14:20:48+11:00
- Nevil CopeGeneral2022-08-30T14:24:26+11:00
- Niall BurkeZeus Lara2022-10-11T13:16:07+11:00
- Nick RodwellZeus Lara2022-07-14T11:47:55+11:00
- Nicole HattenZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:18:26+11:00
- Ninia OrtileZeus Lara2022-10-11T14:26:40+11:00
- Pablo Andres Cordova BayaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:48:38+11:00
- Parastoo MousaviZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:24:00+11:00
- Paul BernardZeus Lara2022-02-04T02:19:40+11:00
- Paul KirschnerGeneral2022-02-04T02:26:06+11:00
- Peter BoylanGeneral2023-03-14T16:22:42+11:00
- Peter PhilpottGeneral2022-11-08T10:05:47+11:00
- Rahul KaushalZeus Lara2022-08-03T10:22:38+11:00
- Rajiv BoddupalliZeus Lara2022-12-13T09:44:21+11:00
- Robert CaminitiGeneral2020-10-07T04:02:43+11:00
- Robert CrossmanGeneral2022-03-08T14:18:21+11:00
- Rod ThomasZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:51:15+11:00
- Rohini VermaZeus Lara2021-04-13T12:23:02+11:00
- Rohit SatijaZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:27:58+11:00
- Roxane MontierroZeus Lara2020-12-15T06:30:55+11:00
- Sanjay NarayanZeus Lara2023-02-14T11:09:04+11:00
- Saurabh KundiZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:26:14+11:00
- Shiraan FernandoZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:07:49+11:00
- Shruthi SrinivasZeus Lara2023-02-07T09:53:04+11:00
- Sreekanth BadamZeus Lara2022-11-09T17:14:36+11:00
- Stephen CurtisZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:22:30+11:00
- Tameka YallopGeneral2022-03-08T16:41:26+11:00
- Tanvi MahajanZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:21:57+11:00
- Through ZhuZeus Lara2023-02-23T10:21:23+11:00
- Thuc Linh Nguyen PhanZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:47+11:00
- Tony CalusicZeus Lara2022-08-01T16:52:17+11:00
- Vanessa VellaGeneral2021-12-14T12:11:12+11:00
- Winona Astian ThianZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:19+11:00
- Yanmin ChenZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:40:11+11:00
- Zach BarnetbyZeus Lara2022-06-24T11:08:22+11:00