Areas Of Expertise:
- Complex program Delivery
- Energy, Banking and Technology
- Regulatory Change
- Agile Delivery
- Transformational leadership
- Complex System Implementations
- Security Governance
- Treasury & Markets
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honors), University of Canterbury
About Mike Stockley
Mike is a seasoned program director with significant experience at Executive level within the Financial Services and Energy industries, with a range of global roles. Mike brings several years direct and current experience in setting up, leading and executing on large scale transformation programs. He also boasts deep subject matter expertise in markets related regulatory reform, risk governance, and large-scale portfolio management.
What Mike brings
- Experienced in developing global business and IT strategies.
- Track record of building diverse and successful teams of quality people in front office, technology, operations, and risk areas.
- Extensive knowledge of Agile project management methodology.
- Deep sponsorship and program management experience on a wide range of technical and business projects with budgets up to $100M.
- Excellent experience in leading large global technology teams covering a broad range of businesses including IT support for Wholesale Banking UK and NY.
- Excellent people management skills supporting an empowered and accountable culture.
- Commonwealth Bank (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ)
As Program Director at AGL Mike successfully delivered a range of programmes including: AGL’s response to mandated changes to 5 Minute Settlement Rules for electricity trading, a generational uplift on traded energy ETRM systems, and the set up of a new multi asset energy trading platform as a precursor to the planned AGL demerger.
As Program Director at CBA, Mike led a large scale transformational program in response to FICC and Treasury Regulatory Reform obligations. The program covered trade reporting, CFTC record keeping, and trader surveillance. The program delivery was executed using Agile methodology.
As General Manager, Management Assurance at NAB, Mike held accountability for first line risk assurance oversight of all NAB products globally. As part of his role, Mike led the NAB’s investment in improvement of systems, policies and controls to improve surveillance of traders and trading activity following a global regulator investigation at industry level into alleged manipulation of FX and interest rate benchmarks. He also had significant involvement at Project Control Board level for implementation of various global regulatory projects. He was also accountable for production and sign-of of RWA capital calculations and optimization strategies across the Bank.
As Executive General Manager Business Operations for NAB, Mike encompassed leadership of technology, operations, PMO, business architecture and service support for Wholesale Banking. The Business Operations area comprised of 1,200 staff located in Australia, London, NY, and NZ with an annual budgeted spend of $330M.
At NAB, Mike led the Bank’s RWA capital calculations, optimization, operating risk, and compliance teams across a broad range of banking products.
AT NAB, led governance functions, Chaired NAB Product and Markets (P&M) Operational Risk Compliance and Audit Committee, member of P&M Risk Management Committee and other NAB governance bodies. Mike also presented to NAB PBRC, ASIC and APRA on multiple occasions.
As Global Head of Infrastructure and Operations (Markets) at ANZ, Mike was responsible for providing centralised support for all ANZ trading centers around the world including nine Asian, two New Zealand sites, New York, and London.