Areas Of Expertise
- Project Remediation & Project Delivery
- Transformation & Organizational Design
- Leadership & Team Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- PMO Establishment & Management
- Vendor Management
- Bachelor of Banking & Finance, Victoria University
- Diploma in Project Management, AICPM
- SAFe SPC 4.5 (2017) Certified
About Hoang Cat
Hoang is a skilled project professional who has been with Seven Consulting’s Melbourne practice since December 2013. He has extensive experience with project delivery and has a solid track record of turning around complex projects. Hoang has a strong background in the financial services industry, with a focus on wealth, and banking. Recently he has been supporting clients in the NFP and energy sectors to transform their business. Whether dealing with C-level executives, board members, or frontline staff, his adaptive engagement style has been successful in developing key ongoing relationships with all his major stakeholders. His cooperative and transparent approach to teamwork ensures morale is maintained in the face of difficult delivery targets.
What Hoang Brings
- 13+ years’ experience across wealth, banking, insurance, energy, and not-for-profit sectors.
- Track record in project remediation and turnaround.
- Strong delivery focus and drive.
- Experience in complex mergers and transition programs.
- Effective in developing relationships between vendors, other third-parties, and client teams to enable collaboration between the disparate groups.
- The Future Fund Management Agency (ie, Future Fund)
- Alinta Energy
- AGL Energy
- The Salvation Army
- Hitachi | ANZ | IAG | AusNet | United Energy
- Superpartners | Link Market Services
- NAB | MLC Wealth Management | JBWere | Goldman Sachs
- Norwich Union | Aviva Plc
- MLC Life | Nippon Life
- Melbourne University | RMIT
- VUT | LaTrobe
As Senior Project Manager at Future Fund Management Agency (FFMA), reporting to the Head of IDM. Hoang managed the Investment Data Management (‘IDM’) Program. He was responsible for leading multiple streams of work including implementation of a new Overlays capability (Aladdin by Blackrock), establishment of the IDM Target Operating Model (including product, service, organizational, and technology operating models), establishing the IDM data ops team, and leading multiple uplift projects with suppliers GoldenSource and BNP Paribas. The implementation of the Overlays platform occurred during the height of the COVID outbreak and was noted by FFMA’s CEO as instrumental in the Agency securing >$3bn above market returns in the month that it was deployed.
As Program Manager at Alinta, Hoang reported to the Head of Data and Analytics. Hoang was responsible for leading the key projects to deliver foundational data and analytics capability to Alinta, and to establish a new Data & Analytics department (DnA). Accountabilities include: implementation of the first 90 days program, enablement of the new Alinta Data Hub, tools selection and RFI/RFP process, EDW Decommissioning Tranche 1, Tableau remediation, development of a Target Operating Model, and Business Case development for funding the next 3 years of projects within DnA.
As Portfolio Manager for Digital Sales & Services at AGL, Hoang reported to the General Manager – Value Office. Hoang was responsible for effective delivery of all initiatives within the $58M combined portfolio. Accountabilities included validation of business benefit, prioritization and escalation point for program managers, scrum teams, and Heads of Departments / initiative owners.
As Program Manager for the mobilization phase of the National Collaboration Program at The Salvation Army (TSA), Hoang reported to the CIO. Program aimed to develop the technology stack to enable user migration from three IBM notes domains into a new O365 environment. Program was significantly behind schedule, and at risk, at time of commencement. Initial health-check indicated under-performance of a key vendor, and lack of project governance.
As Program Manager for the transformation of the Mission Enterprises portfolio at The Salvation Army (TSA), Hoang reported to the cabinet member for Mission Enterprises. Hoang managed four project teams to implement the transformation, of 9 organisations with combined annual turnover of $600M, spread across distinct market segments of aged care, housing, retail, commercial law practice, employment services and funeral services. The program was red at the time of commencement, but through remediation, was successful in generating $12M in projected annual benefits.
As PMO Manager at The Salvation Army (TSA), Hoang reported to the program director. Hoang was responsible for supporting the transformation program and managing all EPMO resources across Australia (approx 20+ staff). Was successful in managing the team and ensuring stability across TSA’s project delivery while the organization was undergoing significant restructure. Designed and delivered project management training to 50 staff, and successfully handed team over to the new Head of EPMO.
As Senior Project Manager at The Salvation Army (TSA), Hoang reported to the divisional commander. Hoang was responsible for the merger of 5 organizations within Victoria, to form the largest divisional command for The Salvation Army (TSA) globally. Took over the project after a previous unsuccessful attempt to merge these organizations left the stakeholder community in a fractured and agitated state. Was successful in remediating historical concerns and implementing a plan which enabled the merger to be implemented 3 months ahead of schedule. Feedback from executives listed this as the most successful project delivered in TSA recent history.
As Senior Project Manager at Medibank, Hoang reported to the General Manager – Project Delivery. Hoang was responsible for remediating project delivery across the critical project’s portfolio. Lead resource management function across a portfolio of 50+ projects, and developed remediation for resource challenges, including recruitment, engagement with suppliers, and development of resourcing strategy. Supported the establishment of a new enterprise program management office and engaged with C-level executives to develop portfolio reporting. Was successful in remediation of the portfolio, and successfully established and operationalized the newly formed EPMO to BAU.
As Project Manager at NAB on the $2.4bn sale of MLC Insurance to Nippon Life, Hoang reported to Head of Procurement. Hoang was responsible for procurement and migration of all key third-party contracts from NAB to the new legal entity (MLC Limited / MLC Life Insurance). Managed teams across multiple organizations, including: business analysts, lawyers, commercial managers and executive stakeholders, to turnaround key program stream which was tracking red at time of assignment. Was successful in resolving project issues, mitigating risks, and transitioned $41m in business-critical contracts on schedule to enable Go-Live.
As Project Manager at Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), Hoang reported to the Head of Project Delivery. Hoang was responsible for delivery of complex infrastructure projects for key clients, including: ANZ (Dodd-Frank compliance program), IAG (evcloud migration), United Energy (Netbackup), and AusNet (infrastructure uplift). Managed four concurrent project teams of 5-9 staff each, geo-distributed (New Zealand, Bangalore, Philippines, Singapore, Boston), across multiple organizations. Was effective in delivering each project on time, and to a high-quality standard. The ANZ project was used as a case study by the bank as an example of exceptional service by a vendor.
As Technical Delivery Manager at Link Market Services (LMS) on the Superpartners merger, Hoang reported to the COO. Hoang was responsible for end-to-end delivery of Letters Migration. Managed a team of 40+ onshore and offshore resources to migrate over 3,500 letter types, for 6 million member accounts. The letters migration project was tracking significantly behind schedule (over 1 month) at time of assignment, but once placed under situation management an effective remediation plan was developed and put in place. The project was stabilized prior to go-live and critical Day 1 deliverables were met. The quick turnaround of the project was recognized by the CEO, COO and senior company executives.
As Technical Delivery Manager at Link Market Services (LMS) on the Superpartners merger, Hoang reported to Head of Marketing. Hoang was responsible for end-to-end delivery of a CRM for MTAA, HESTA, HOSTPLUS, CBUS and Australian Super. This project provides coverage to over 6 million members, and a vast amount of transactional data – approximately 25% of the Australian superannuation market. Managed team of 12-20 FTEs spread across Sydney and Melbourne. The CRM project was red at the time of assignment but was quickly stabilized and turned around. The successful turnaround and implementation was recognized by both internal and external stakeholders.
As Business Implementation Manager at Superpartners, Hoang reported to the COO. Hoang was responsible for delivering a new big data reporting platform for Superstream compliance. Managed team of 10 FTEs. At time of assignment the project was red and trending downwards. Under situation management scope creep was eliminated, defects improved, and cost overruns stabilized. Managed the Contributions / Superstream Compliance program during warranty period to project completion.
As Project Manager on the Contributions Program at Superpartners, Hoang reported to the Program Director. Hoang was responsible for facilitating the detailed planning process for Phase II of the Contributions program which was focused on the delivery of a Sustainably Compliant Solution, the delivery of the Electronic Portability Form, and integration of the Fund Validation Service. Lead the development of reporting and data analytics for Superstream.
As Project Manager at Superpartners during its acquisition by Link Market Services, Hoang reported to the CEO. Hoang was responsible for the management of sell-side due diligence, running the Data Room for the largest merger in Australian superannuation history. Responsibilities included vendor management and engagement with C-Level executives; process design for collection, redaction, approval, and the execution of sales documentation. Managed and delivered the project outcomes on time and under budget, with recognition from executive stakeholders.
As Business Performance Manager at Superpartners, Hoang reported to the Head of Transformation. Hoang was responsible for control, monitoring, and execution of an ambitious benefits realization program aimed at generating $600M in CAPEX & OPEX reductions over 3 years to enable the transition of the organization onto a self-funded business model. The program was able to achieve short-term wins of $160M before being put on hold due to a sale announcement.
As Project Manager for the client migration project at NAB Wealth, Hoang reported to the client migration Stream Lead. Hoang managed $6m budget and 35 FTEs, within the $160M Blaze Program to migrate $56bn assets from Goldman Sachs. Responsible for client account migrations, CRM and client communications. Management of the vendor selection process and of external technology partners. Delivered a new EDMS, workflow systems and CRM integration with Salesforce. Achievements included >1 million pages of client applications processed, 100,000+ client actions successfully migrated with <1% defects.
As Project Manager at Aviva plc (Australia), Hoang reported to the General Manager Operations. Hoang was responsible for developing electronic payment systems (direct banking and BPay). Lead a team of 6 to re-design and automate operational processes, resulting in significant reduction in unidentified funds by >95%, $1M in OPEX reductions over 3 years, and improvements in SLA from 3 days to 1-day turnaround.
Other Team Members
- Declan BoylanGeneral2020-01-15T02:30:38+11:00
- Gareth JamesGeneral2021-01-19T11:29:58+11:00
- Connie McKeageZeus Lara2021-03-09T10:14:51+11:00
- Hugh HarleyZeus Lara2020-04-01T04:18:49+11:00
- Michael BlomfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:26:26+11:00
- Temre GreenZeus Lara2022-11-23T10:52:41+11:00
- Mike StockleyZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:56:19+11:00
- Julie LaoitZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:10:59+11:00
- Rob ThomsettGeneral2023-01-31T17:26:36+11:00
- Louise FordGeneral2020-01-15T03:08:18+11:00
- Aaron SimonsenZeus Lara2022-08-30T11:02:06+11:00
- Akhilesh DasZeus Lara2022-11-08T10:09:51+11:00
- Alan AlehashemiZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:07:40+11:00
- Alex JahanZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:15:47+11:00
- Alex MassieGeneral2023-05-09T15:42:17+11:00
- Alexander RivkinZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:40:59+11:00
- Alexandra Marie TanZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:15:24+11:00
- Ali PahlavanGeneral2023-05-17T01:57:15+11:00
- Alisdair BrownZeus Lara2022-08-30T09:51:38+11:00
- Amanda WalkerZeus Lara2022-08-09T10:18:22+11:00
- Anders MadsenZeus Lara2022-08-02T17:55:11+11:00
- Andrew CheesmanZeus Lara2022-08-09T12:17:42+11:00
- Andrew ColeyZeus Lara2021-12-21T12:36:47+11:00
- Anish JoshiZeus Lara2023-04-04T15:04:09+11:00
- Ann Mica Mae LimZeus Lara2023-05-11T14:08:40+11:00
- Anna Linfield-KentZeus Lara2023-03-14T16:25:51+11:00
- Audrey TehZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:32+11:00
- Barbara ReadGeneral2023-04-27T09:42:19+11:00
- Benn SalierZeus Lara2021-07-06T13:45:00+11:00
- Bita BagheriGeneral2021-03-02T14:12:11+11:00
- Blake DahlenZeus Lara2023-02-23T09:47:16+11:00
- Callum DoddZeus Lara2022-11-23T11:00:39+11:00
- Caroline LeesZeus Lara2023-01-17T10:29:22+11:00
- Cathy BaldwinGeneral2021-01-19T16:55:52+11:00
- Chika NnadiekweZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:27:26+11:00
- Chris SykesGeneral2022-05-26T12:50:02+11:00
- Cliff BlakleyZeus Lara2023-05-11T13:52:16+11:00
- Dave RiderZeus Lara2022-02-04T01:57:49+11:00
- David JohnsonGeneral2022-06-01T10:43:16+11:00
- David MansfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:37:32+11:00
- Deanna EdwardsZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:46:04+11:00
- Derek OldhamZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:38:58+11:00
- Elise Kellond-KnightZeus Lara2019-07-04T22:47:54+11:00
- Ellen MisadorZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:30:57+11:00
- Eugene O’ConnellZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:14:36+11:00
- Francis AseronZeus Lara2023-02-24T09:56:24+11:00
- Fritzie LigeraldeZeus Lara2021-08-17T15:41:14+11:00
- Gilbert WongZeus Lara2022-05-25T12:27:00+11:00
- Guru SwaminathanGeneral2023-05-26T16:16:29+11:00
- Hardik LakhaniZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:33:18+11:00
- Hayley WeirZeus Lara2022-03-01T12:16:09+11:00
- Helen ArgitisZeus Lara2022-05-26T12:13:35+11:00
- Ian SalvadorZeus Lara2022-06-14T17:51:51+11:00
- Ian ThomsonZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:46:51+11:00
- Ibrahim DaniZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:33:59+11:00
- Igor VieiraZeus Lara2022-06-28T16:45:19+11:00
- Jerry CobbGeneral2022-06-28T15:49:32+11:00
- Joanna CarlosZeus Lara2022-02-15T17:48:05+11:00
- Jochebed DiazGeneral2022-11-16T12:53:12+11:00
- Johaimah GarridoZeus Lara2021-03-16T10:08:35+11:00
- John MiddlemistZeus Lara2021-07-21T12:11:54+11:00
- Jovilyn MagtotoZeus Lara2022-08-02T13:27:08+11:00
- Julia Nicole JustoZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:34+11:00
- Katherine WhitesideGeneral2022-11-30T17:42:36+11:00
- Kunal ParikhZeus Lara2022-01-25T11:49:10+11:00
- Louigi GardiolaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:31:20+11:00
- Louise WhiteGeneral2021-05-11T16:20:05+11:00
- Lousiene SamonteGeneral2022-08-30T14:27:05+11:00
- Maddison SchmidZeus Lara2023-05-11T09:35:43+11:00
- Mariam KohaniZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:57:04+11:00
- Marian Joyce MakalintalZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:51:17+11:00
- Marianne DinsayZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:42+11:00
- Mark McAdamGeneral2023-05-03T12:09:06+11:00
- Mark MillenZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:47:06+11:00
- Matthew KnightZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:48+11:00
- Melanie NorthropZeus Lara2023-01-31T17:06:41+11:00
- Melody FrampZeus Lara2023-05-09T16:20:00+11:00
- Melody TuazonZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:59:40+11:00
- Michael BryantGeneral2022-08-09T11:38:32+11:00
- Mohammad RamezaniGeneral2022-07-13T16:18:36+11:00
- Muhammad Sauood Ur RaufGeneral2022-08-30T14:20:48+11:00
- Nevil CopeGeneral2022-08-30T14:24:26+11:00
- Niall BurkeZeus Lara2022-10-11T13:16:07+11:00
- Nick RodwellZeus Lara2022-07-14T11:47:55+11:00
- Nicole HattenZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:18:26+11:00
- Ninia OrtileZeus Lara2022-10-11T14:26:40+11:00
- Pablo Andres Cordova BayaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:48:38+11:00
- Parastoo MousaviZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:24:00+11:00
- Paul BernardZeus Lara2022-02-04T02:19:40+11:00
- Paul KirschnerGeneral2022-02-04T02:26:06+11:00
- Peter BoylanGeneral2023-03-14T16:22:42+11:00
- Peter PhilpottGeneral2022-11-08T10:05:47+11:00
- Rahul KaushalZeus Lara2022-08-03T10:22:38+11:00
- Rajiv BoddupalliZeus Lara2022-12-13T09:44:21+11:00
- Robert CaminitiGeneral2020-10-07T04:02:43+11:00
- Robert CrossmanGeneral2022-03-08T14:18:21+11:00
- Rod ThomasZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:51:15+11:00
- Rohini VermaZeus Lara2021-04-13T12:23:02+11:00
- Rohit SatijaZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:27:58+11:00
- Roxane MontierroZeus Lara2020-12-15T06:30:55+11:00
- Sanjay NarayanZeus Lara2023-02-14T11:09:04+11:00
- Saurabh KundiZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:26:14+11:00
- Shiraan FernandoZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:07:49+11:00
- Shruthi SrinivasZeus Lara2023-02-07T09:53:04+11:00
- Sreekanth BadamZeus Lara2022-11-09T17:14:36+11:00
- Stephen CurtisZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:22:30+11:00
- Tameka YallopGeneral2022-03-08T16:41:26+11:00
- Tanvi MahajanZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:21:57+11:00
- Through ZhuZeus Lara2023-02-23T10:21:23+11:00
- Thuc Linh Nguyen PhanZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:47+11:00
- Tony CalusicZeus Lara2022-08-01T16:52:17+11:00
- Vanessa VellaGeneral2021-12-14T12:11:12+11:00
- Winona Astian ThianZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:19+11:00
- Yanmin ChenZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:40:11+11:00
- Zach BarnetbyZeus Lara2022-06-24T11:08:22+11:00