Areas Of Expertise
- IT / business program management governance and delivery
- Bachelor of Business – Finance & Banking, Edith Cowan University
- Telstra Health
- JBWere (NAB Group)
- nbn Co
- LINK Group
- Plum (NAB Group)
About Nevil Cope
Nevil is a skilled PMO Director, joining Seven Consulting’s Melbourne practice in September 2013. He has significant delivery experience in business and technology consulting in UK, USA, and Asia with particular expertise in the Financial Services sector encompassing Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Superannuation and Insurance.
Nevil has strong business management skills with comprehensive experience of PMO / EPM governance practices, procedures and relevant legislation, coupled with a complete understanding of project management / delivery methodologies (SDLC / PMLC).
Nevil is an expert facilitator between technology and business stakeholders with proven aptitude to interpret the key drivers of risk / reward relationships, thus maximising the benefit of these relationships to understand and deliver relevant business priorities.
What Nevil brings
- Ability to build and lead teams (onshore and offshore) at high performance levels, in complex environments.
- Strong mathematical and analytical ability with extensive experience in the design / development, plus the interpretation and analysis of complex financial and cashflow data models.
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and manage process improvement / change agendas coupled with a strong experience in driving and / or adhering to recognized quality benchmarks whilst fostering an environment of continuous improvement.
- Experienced in evaluating and establishing strategic sourcing propositions for engaging third parties and transforming business operating models.
- An extensive knowledge of financial services business practices and processes
As PMO Director at Telstra Health, based in Melbourne, Nevil initially provided program oversight and secondly, performed a program delivery role as part of the implementation of the National Cancer Screening Registry (NCSR) program of work.
Nevil established and maintained robust governance practices for the multi-year, multi-faceted Cervical Screening Program together with defining a framework to commence oversight uplift within the broader NCSR business. Created and embedded effective two-way relationships with the numerous internal and external stakeholders, through provision of streamlined, transparent and relevant reporting content coupled with a rationalised governance model. Closed gaps identified as part of formal ‘health-check’ gateway reviews.
Following the successful transition of the NCSR PMO Director role to a permanent resource Nevil was requested by Telstra Health, to continue the NCSR journey;
Initially charged with providing guidance to embed business-as-usual processes. Specifically, this involved the effective coordination of all relevant technical, business and external stakeholders to ensure issuance of NCSR participants’ mandatory correspondence in line with agreed schedule. Defined and designed a repeatable and standardised approach to ensure compliance going forward.
Subsequently, Nevil imparted delivery experience to lead solution elements of the Bowel Register Program through 2018 and into 2019. Leading the Labs & Interfaces stream of work facilitating the successful integration with all external parties connecting with the NCSR i.e. Histopathology labs / Govt. entities (e.g. MyGov, MyHealthRecord) / GP and Specialists practice management systems
As PMO Director at Cbus, Nevil conducted a forensic assessment of the existing PMO framework, identifying general themes, gaps and potential systemic issues of current state; forming the basis for the ‘To Be’ design and implementation of a ‘refreshed’ right-sized and fit-for-purpose governance model, enabling uplift in the delivery of project management services to meet the anticipated increase in change investment funding.
As Program Manager at JBWere (NAB), for NAB Wealth Controls Transformation Program (CTP), Nevil introduced a Controls Management System (CMS) to strengthen the JBWere risk and controls environment through a structured and transparent approach to managing risk, helping the business ’Do the Right Thing’ by its clients, its people, the regulators and the NAB Group shareholders.
This program involved building and leading a dedicated team of risk and process professionals to work with and across the entire JBWere business to uplift their ‘immature’ compliance framework by, identifying the regulatory obligations as they related to the JBWere entities, documenting the processes and controls to meet those obligations, testing the key controls with the business, creating remediation plans where controls were not effective and identifying and training relevant obligation, process and control owners in relation to the CMS. The program of work was successfully delivered in line within agreed timelines and cost boundaries with significant value-add through incorporation of additional scope elements.
As PMO Director at nbn Co, based in Melbourne, as part of an enterprise-wide IT uplift program of work, performed an end-to-end review of IT project management and PMO capability and practices, co-authoring a pair of papers covering the “As Is” and “To Be” delivery capability. Nevil was heavily involved in the planning / prioritisation activities for the Service Delivery Improvement program (i.e. key FY17 program of work addressing the proposed multi-year transformation activities arising as a consequence of the review) and leading the “Metrics that Matter” initiative focused on the creation and roll-out of a suite of standardised, holistic, fact-based leading indicators and lag measures to improve IT delivery oversight and optimise management decision making.
As PMO Director at LINK Group, based in Melbourne and Sydney, following the acquisition of Superpartners, Nevil undertook a detailed capability assessment of the existing PMO. This involved identifying general themes, gaps and potential systemic issues and forming the basis for the design and implementation of a ‘refreshed’ right-sized, fit-for-purpose governance model enabling project management delivery uplift.
In conjunction with the above activities, Nevil conducted a structured review of their project management cohort to evaluate individual competence and identify gaps where personal and, ultimately, enterprise-wide project management enrichment was required.
Mirroring the LINK Group engagement; for the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation (DFSI), based in Sydney, Nevil conducted a capability assessment of the CTO Office project management group whilst concurrently performing an ‘As-Is’ -‘’To-Be’ review of their enterprise-wide PMO model.
As PMO Manager at Superpartners, based in Melbourne, at a program management level led several client delivery streams as part of the multi-year Insurance Remediation Program. Key areas of focus were providing systemic and / or process related fixes coupled with remediation of underlying data ensuring the provision of rigorous insurance administration services to both members and Trustees, and their Insurers.
Leading the program-specific PMO team; introduced numerous operational efficiencies that ultimately led to reduction in core team size from five to two resources.
As PMO Manager at Telstra, based in Melbourne, Nevil undertook an assurance review of a number of key programs of work, assessing the quality of program delivery, ensuring feedback provided positioned the Global Project Services team for success by driving Project Management capability as a key differentiator.
As PMO Manager at Plum Financial Services, based in Melbourne, as part of the MLC division of the NAB Group, Nevil undertook an assurance review of key regulatory projects (SuperStream / StrongerSuper / MySuper), assessing the quality of delivery, ensuring feedback positioned the program of work for success.
Delivery scope included deep-dive reviews of the effectiveness of project management processes and controls routinely adopted, reliability, accuracy and referential integrity of program / project status reporting to the program governance forums and effectiveness of escalation processes, completeness and achievability of plans for completing delivery of the agreed scope within approved time-frames, cost and quality objectives including achievability of the required exit and entry criteria for each remaining program milestone, an assessment of the appropriateness and maturity of contingency plans to deal with the remaining execution of risks and issues and an assessment of the completeness, accuracy and reliability of the Delivered Risk Assessment.
Other Team Members
- Declan BoylanGeneral2020-01-15T02:30:38+11:00
- Gareth JamesGeneral2021-01-19T11:29:58+11:00
- Connie McKeageZeus Lara2021-03-09T10:14:51+11:00
- Hugh HarleyZeus Lara2020-04-01T04:18:49+11:00
- Michael BlomfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:26:26+11:00
- Temre GreenZeus Lara2022-11-23T10:52:41+11:00
- Mike StockleyZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:56:19+11:00
- Julie LaoitZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:10:59+11:00
- Rob ThomsettGeneral2023-01-31T17:26:36+11:00
- Louise FordGeneral2020-01-15T03:08:18+11:00
- Aaron SimonsenZeus Lara2022-08-30T11:02:06+11:00
- Akhilesh DasZeus Lara2022-11-08T10:09:51+11:00
- Alan AlehashemiZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:07:40+11:00
- Alex JahanZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:15:47+11:00
- Alex MassieGeneral2023-05-09T15:42:17+11:00
- Alexander RivkinZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:40:59+11:00
- Alexandra Marie TanZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:15:24+11:00
- Ali PahlavanGeneral2023-05-17T01:57:15+11:00
- Alisdair BrownZeus Lara2022-08-30T09:51:38+11:00
- Amanda WalkerZeus Lara2022-08-09T10:18:22+11:00
- Anders MadsenZeus Lara2022-08-02T17:55:11+11:00
- Andrew CheesmanZeus Lara2022-08-09T12:17:42+11:00
- Andrew ColeyZeus Lara2021-12-21T12:36:47+11:00
- Anish JoshiZeus Lara2023-04-04T15:04:09+11:00
- Ann Mica Mae LimZeus Lara2023-05-11T14:08:40+11:00
- Anna Linfield-KentZeus Lara2023-03-14T16:25:51+11:00
- Audrey TehZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:32+11:00
- Barbara ReadGeneral2023-04-27T09:42:19+11:00
- Benn SalierZeus Lara2021-07-06T13:45:00+11:00
- Bita BagheriGeneral2021-03-02T14:12:11+11:00
- Blake DahlenZeus Lara2023-02-23T09:47:16+11:00
- Callum DoddZeus Lara2022-11-23T11:00:39+11:00
- Caroline LeesZeus Lara2023-01-17T10:29:22+11:00
- Cathy BaldwinGeneral2021-01-19T16:55:52+11:00
- Chika NnadiekweZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:27:26+11:00
- Chris SykesGeneral2022-05-26T12:50:02+11:00
- Cliff BlakleyZeus Lara2023-05-11T13:52:16+11:00
- Dave RiderZeus Lara2022-02-04T01:57:49+11:00
- David JohnsonGeneral2022-06-01T10:43:16+11:00
- David MansfieldZeus Lara2023-02-14T10:37:32+11:00
- Deanna EdwardsZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:46:04+11:00
- Derek OldhamZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:38:58+11:00
- Elise Kellond-KnightZeus Lara2019-07-04T22:47:54+11:00
- Ellen MisadorZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:30:57+11:00
- Eugene O’ConnellZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:14:36+11:00
- Francis AseronZeus Lara2023-02-24T09:56:24+11:00
- Fritzie LigeraldeZeus Lara2021-08-17T15:41:14+11:00
- Gilbert WongZeus Lara2022-05-25T12:27:00+11:00
- Guru SwaminathanGeneral2023-05-26T16:16:29+11:00
- Hardik LakhaniZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:33:18+11:00
- Hayley WeirZeus Lara2022-03-01T12:16:09+11:00
- Helen ArgitisZeus Lara2022-05-26T12:13:35+11:00
- Ian SalvadorZeus Lara2022-06-14T17:51:51+11:00
- Ian ThomsonZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:46:51+11:00
- Ibrahim DaniZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:33:59+11:00
- Igor VieiraZeus Lara2022-06-28T16:45:19+11:00
- Jerry CobbGeneral2022-06-28T15:49:32+11:00
- Joanna CarlosZeus Lara2022-02-15T17:48:05+11:00
- Jochebed DiazGeneral2022-11-16T12:53:12+11:00
- Johaimah GarridoZeus Lara2021-03-16T10:08:35+11:00
- John MiddlemistZeus Lara2021-07-21T12:11:54+11:00
- Jovilyn MagtotoZeus Lara2022-08-02T13:27:08+11:00
- Julia Nicole JustoZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:34+11:00
- Katherine WhitesideGeneral2022-11-30T17:42:36+11:00
- Kunal ParikhZeus Lara2022-01-25T11:49:10+11:00
- Louigi GardiolaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:31:20+11:00
- Louise WhiteGeneral2021-05-11T16:20:05+11:00
- Lousiene SamonteGeneral2022-08-30T14:27:05+11:00
- Maddison SchmidZeus Lara2023-05-11T09:35:43+11:00
- Mariam KohaniZeus Lara2022-07-19T09:57:04+11:00
- Marian Joyce MakalintalZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:51:17+11:00
- Marianne DinsayZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:42+11:00
- Mark McAdamGeneral2023-05-03T12:09:06+11:00
- Mark MillenZeus Lara2022-08-30T12:47:06+11:00
- Matthew KnightZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:32:48+11:00
- Melanie NorthropZeus Lara2023-01-31T17:06:41+11:00
- Melody FrampZeus Lara2023-05-09T16:20:00+11:00
- Melody TuazonZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:59:40+11:00
- Michael BryantGeneral2022-08-09T11:38:32+11:00
- Mohammad RamezaniGeneral2022-07-13T16:18:36+11:00
- Muhammad Sauood Ur RaufGeneral2022-08-30T14:20:48+11:00
- Nevil CopeGeneral2022-08-30T14:24:26+11:00
- Niall BurkeZeus Lara2022-10-11T13:16:07+11:00
- Nick RodwellZeus Lara2022-07-14T11:47:55+11:00
- Nicole HattenZeus Lara2022-03-22T16:18:26+11:00
- Ninia OrtileZeus Lara2022-10-11T14:26:40+11:00
- Pablo Andres Cordova BayaZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:48:38+11:00
- Parastoo MousaviZeus Lara2022-12-13T10:24:00+11:00
- Paul BernardZeus Lara2022-02-04T02:19:40+11:00
- Paul KirschnerGeneral2022-02-04T02:26:06+11:00
- Peter BoylanGeneral2023-03-14T16:22:42+11:00
- Peter PhilpottGeneral2022-11-08T10:05:47+11:00
- Rahul KaushalZeus Lara2022-08-03T10:22:38+11:00
- Rajiv BoddupalliZeus Lara2022-12-13T09:44:21+11:00
- Robert CaminitiGeneral2020-10-07T04:02:43+11:00
- Robert CrossmanGeneral2022-03-08T14:18:21+11:00
- Rod ThomasZeus Lara2023-04-27T09:51:15+11:00
- Rohini VermaZeus Lara2021-04-13T12:23:02+11:00
- Rohit SatijaZeus Lara2023-05-09T15:27:58+11:00
- Roxane MontierroZeus Lara2020-12-15T06:30:55+11:00
- Sanjay NarayanZeus Lara2023-02-14T11:09:04+11:00
- Saurabh KundiZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:26:14+11:00
- Shiraan FernandoZeus Lara2023-03-14T15:07:49+11:00
- Shruthi SrinivasZeus Lara2023-02-07T09:53:04+11:00
- Sreekanth BadamZeus Lara2022-11-09T17:14:36+11:00
- Stephen CurtisZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:22:30+11:00
- Tameka YallopGeneral2022-03-08T16:41:26+11:00
- Tanvi MahajanZeus Lara2023-03-28T15:21:57+11:00
- Through ZhuZeus Lara2023-02-23T10:21:23+11:00
- Thuc Linh Nguyen PhanZeus Lara2023-05-30T09:39:47+11:00
- Tony CalusicZeus Lara2022-08-01T16:52:17+11:00
- Vanessa VellaGeneral2021-12-14T12:11:12+11:00
- Winona Astian ThianZeus Lara2023-02-23T08:34:19+11:00
- Yanmin ChenZeus Lara2022-03-08T16:40:11+11:00
- Zach BarnetbyZeus Lara2022-06-24T11:08:22+11:00