Areas Of Expertise:
- Project and Program Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Business Transformation
- Product Management
- Master of Commercialisation and Entrepreneurship, University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Victoria University
- MSP (Program Management) Registered Practitioner
- MoP (Portfolio Management) Registered Practitioner
- Certified SAFe 5 Agilist
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
About Aaron Simonsen
An experienced Project Manager with a track-record of delivering complex large-scale projects across different technologies and customer segments, including as part of major transformation programs of work.
What Aaron brings
- Extensive experience in ICT delivery.
- Excellent experience in different delivery methodologies including Agile & Waterfall.
- Proven ability to establish successful relationships with key stakeholders including senior management and lead teams including during times of uncertainty to deliver successful customer and business outcomes.
- Advanced technical, commercial, communication and change management skills.
- A background in product management, billing and payments.
- Wannon Water
- Skinny Mobile
- Spark NZ
- Sonic Healthcare
- Vector Communications
As Project Manager at Wannon Water, Aaron worked on the implementation of new contract lifecycle management and contractor management solutions.
As a Senior Project Manager at Vodafone, Aaron launched a new digital sales channel creating a new full-service budget prepay mobile brand (Budget $1.2M). He also updated legacy billing and payment capabilities to address historical issues with how products are priced and billed. Aaron also delivered new product and offer capability to support marketing activities for major national customer acquisition and retention campaigns (Budget $400K).
As Head of Business Delivery at Skinny Mobile, Aaron was responsible for an annual budget of $15M to deliver key projects including the re-platform of its websites while also leading a team of Project Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Testers, Engineers and Developers; including during a major restructure to scaled agile.
As Program Manager at Skinny Mobile, Aaron delivered a pipeline of new capability, including new online payment capability. Aaron also led a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts.
AS Program Manager at Spark NZ, Aaron was responsible for the replacement of legacy post-paid mobile systems incl. how these services are ordered, provisioned, and billed (Budget $52M) as part of a multi-year re-engineering program of work with the goal of simplifying its legacy IT stacks.
As the Infrastructure Project Manager (Team Leader) at Sonic Healthcare, Aaron was responsible for general project management tasks for multiple projects, in addition to managing a team of Project Mangers, Technical Writers and Project Coordinators. He managed a project to delivery new distributed data caching architecture. He implemented Network Application and Performance Monitoring (NAPM) of critical applications incl. electronic results delivery, collection of patient data and voice & data traffic using performance data to reduce the time it takes to resolved faults and identify breaches of SLAs.
As Digital Project Manager at Mobbidiction, Aaron was responsible for reporting, budgets, invoicing, sprint planning and overall project delivery leading the build of new enterprise and customer facing mapping apps.
As Product Delivery Manager at Vector Communications, Aaron was responsible for layer 3 business wholesale services including Managed WAN, EduNet, and Carrier Ethernet.
As Senior Product Manager at Vocus, Aaron managed a portfolio of Fixed Access, Calling, Broadband, and Mobile Responsible for our major nationwide campaigns and gap closing initiatives.