Areas Of Expertise
- Large-scale program delivery and program recovery
- Complex program and portfolio reviews
- Vendor Management
- BBS – Bachelor of Business Studies, University of Limerick
- ACA – Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- HP (EDS) Australia
- Vodafone Hutchison Australia
- John Fairfax Holdings Limited
- Woolworths Limited
- P&O Group
- Hutchison Telecommunications
About Declan Boylan
Declan is the founder and Executive Chairman of Seven Consulting. He established the company in 2002 to create a company where professional services would be delivered to programs in a manner that met his standards.
He has a demonstrated track record of repeatedly delivering large scale programs ahead of schedule, under budget, to scope and to a high degree of quality to achieve transformational business outcomes. His relentless determination ensures delivery of the client’s requirements.
Declan’s clear leadership ability is used to align all stakeholders, team members, vendors and customers to the same objectives and path to success. Further, his tutoring and mentoring of direct reports assists in enhancing their skillsets.
What Declan brings
- Delivery of regular, clear and comprehensive communications throughout the project team and its stakeholders ensuring common understanding of status and issues.
- The use of concise and effective customer focused metrics to objectively measure and report the program’s status.
- The introduction of repeatable and targeted processes into the project lifecycle to increase predictability throughout the project.
- Strong QA and testing background, utilised to build quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Qualified Chartered Accounting background enabling strong business case skills and budget controls.
Provision of Governance across 80+ assignments carried out by Seven Consulting since 2002, ranging from $1m to $1.5bn Programs.
End to end program delivery of the new Internet Banking system for Commonwealth Bank of Australia. This program was a major part of the Which New Bank initiative and weekly reporting was directly to the Head of Retail Bank. One of the most complex programs in Australia and using 970 staff over the two years, it was delivered to a very high level of quality and client satisfaction.
Program Director for the business case creation, RFP management, analysis, design and build management for Online Transformation Program for Westpac, over 2 ½ years using over 600 FTE at it’s peak.
Provision and management of overarching Governance function across whole of ANZ Enterprise IT delivery portfolio.
Review and turn-around role for HP (EDS) on the eNABLE program, the fourth attempt by CBA to implement the largest voucher imaging and processing system in the Southern Hemisphere. The program was delivered a month ahead of our commitment, under budget and to the required standard of quality. The challenges on this program included the replacement of a key provider, the use of untried technology and several contractual issues.
100% successful initiation, governance and simultaneous delivery of GST programs for Woolworths, P&O, Tenix and Transfield groups, among others.
Successful delivery of a wide variety of programs for blue chip clients including;
Turnaround and delivery of a major Netbank release for EDS and CBA. Declan joined a troubled program to review its viability and was subsequently appointed as the EDS Program Director. The program was delivered two weeks ahead of our commitment and to the required standard of quality. This major release allowed CBA to regain leadership of the Internet Banking market, within two months of implementation.
Program Manager for Franklins responsible for delivery of a number of projects including merchandising, management reporting, data warehouse, payroll systems and Y2K compliance.